Housing & Dining
More than 95 percent of first-year students live on campus, and we offer a variety of residence halls and apartment living.
Please see the Carroll College Marching Back Plan for more information regarding our response to COVID-19 and the Coronavirus.
Living on Campus
There are more advantages to living on campus at Carroll than not having to shovel or deal with a morning commute. Life in any of our residence halls is where you’ll experience the kind of moments that shape who you become, foster lifelong friendships, and broaden your perspective on the world.
Each of our residence facilities has a unique energy and feel. No matter where you live on campus, your home—and the friends who share it with you—will be a distinct source of pride during your time here.
To promote a positive living and learning environment, Residential Life & Housing is responsible for educational programming, group activity advising, leadership development, student conduct, peer counseling, housing administration and resource referral for students. A Resident Assistant (RA), a student paraprofessional trained to address the needs of students, lives on residence hall floors. An Area Coordinator of Residential Life & Housing, a master's degree-level professional trained in hall administration, community development and staff supervision, supports each residence area.
Residential Life & Housing at Carroll College will provide you with a safe living and learning environment. See the different housing options we offer on campus. Additionally, we ask you to pack accordingly for your college experience.
Residential Life & Housing at Carroll will provide you with a bed, mattress, closet, desk, desk chair, cable television connection and computer data port. Items you may want to pack would include:
- Bedding sheets, blankets, comforters and a pillow. (Campus beds are 72 inches long so extra-long sheets are suggested)
- Towels and wash cloths
- Alarm clock
- Fridge (4.5 cubic feet or smaller)
- Small microwave
- Music (stereo, radio, MP3 player)
- Surge-protected power strips
- Reading lamp, area rug, posters, poster putty, framed photos
- Laundry bag, detergent, dryer sheets, stain stick, rolls of quarters
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, razors, hair dryer, shower tote
- Calculator, dictionary, paper, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, ruler, tape, scissors and backpack
- Clothes, shoes, hangers
- Only allowable pet: Fish. (Fish bowl may not be more than 5 gallons, fish food)
Residential Life & Housing at Carroll College will provide you with a safe living and learning environment. To enhance the safety of all residents living in a community, we ask you to not bring these items with you to college:
- Toaster ovens, electric skillets, oil corn poppers and hot plates
- Space heaters, camp stoves and fuel canisters
- Candles, incense and incense burners
- Paintball guns, hunting knives, firearms and ammunition
- Extension cords/power strips without surge protection
- Lofts for beds
- Air conditioners
- Pets other than fish
Information for hunters: Carroll College offers storage for hunting rifles brought to campus in a case or storage-type container. All hunting rifles must be unloaded and ammunition placed in a separate container. Hunting rifles cannot be stored in a student's room in campus housing or in a student's vehicle. Contact the Residential Life & Housing Office, at (406) 447-5432 to make arrangements to check-in a firearm to the college's weapon storage prior to arrival on campus.
Policies and Code of Conduct
Dining at Carroll is provided by Sodexo Dining Services and features menus that are as healthy and nutritious as they are delicious. There are four meal plans from which to choose—ranging from unlimited access to the offerings of our St. Thomas Aquinas Commons (STAC) dining hall, to smaller meal plans for commuter students, and many other points in between.
In addition to the STAC, you’ll also have access to Jazzman’s, Tres Habaneros, and Simply To Go, at which you can use cash or meal cards that are purchased or come as part of your meal plan.
Questions or concerns?
Leave a note for us in our Virutual Suggestion Box!