Temporary COVID changes in Library
Due to the seriousness of the current COVID-19 situation on our campus, Corette Library has put some temporary, precautionary measures in place to reduce face-to-face interactions between patrons and our staff and student workers. The health and safety of our team and community is our priority at this time.
- Reminder that masks are required at all times in the library facility unless you are in a room ALONE WITH A CLOSED DOOR. Students should practice social-distancing when in a group. There is one person per study room. Persons not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave.
- The Front Desk is closed as a service point at this time: there are no staff or student workers sitting out at the desk.
- Librarians would love to assist students remotely with locating library resources for their assignments or citations. See all the ways you can contact us for support on our Ask a Librarian page.
- Students, faculty and staff can check out books and DVDs using the self checkout paper form located at the front desk, near the return slot. You will need to know your Carroll ID number to check materials out.
- Course reserves are available upon request. Contact the Library via live chat, email or phone to schedule a same-day pick up for a reserve item; we do not "hold" reserve items for patrons. Reserve items will be checked out to you and put on a cart near the front desk for you to pick up. The time limits on reserve items remain the same as per the original faculty member's request: check the front of a reserve item to see how long your checkout period is (e.g. 2 hours, 3 hours, 24 hours, etc.) and if you must use in the library facility.
- All used items should be returned using either the exterior building book drop (located near on our east entrance) or the return slot in the front desk.
- If you are having trouble with our printer or finding an item in the library stacks, you can knock on the staff door located near our elevator. Staff or student workers would be happy to assist you.
- There is still no public access to the Library facility, nor direct public access to our library materials, at this time. Community members (i.e. not current students, faculty and staff) can continue to request Corette Library materials through interlibrary loan at their local public library.
We are still placing interlibrary loans for our students and faculty. Please don't hesitate to submit your ILL request today.
Thank you for your time and understanding and for helping keep our community safe and healthy during this pandemic.
Elizabeth Karr, Library Director
Carroll History Room Now Open
In October 2020, Corette Library is launching several efforts to commemorate the history of Carroll College and our earliest Saints:
Shorter Library Hours for Fall 2020
In order to ensure the health and safety of staff, library work study and patrons in the Corette Library and Simperman Learning Commons during the coronavirus pandemic, we are closing early every day to focus on deep cleaning the library.
Our new hours are as follows:
- Sundays: 12:00 - 8:00 pm
- Monday - Thursdays: 7:45am - 10:00 pm
- Fridays: 7:45am - 4:30 pm
- Saturdays: 12:00 - 4:00pm
We will continue to remain closed to the public at this time.
The first week of school, we will close early on Friday, August 21 at 3:30pm for student worker training and orientation, and we will be closed on the first Saturday and Sunday back; our first weekend open will be Saturday, August 29 and Sunday, August 30.
Face masks in the library
In order to ensure the health and well-being of our staff and patrons, everyone who enters Corette Library -- be they a visitor, student or faculty member -- must wear a face mask at all times unless you are in a study room. Unless part of an official campus tour, public access to the Corette Library facility and collection remains suspended at this time.
Patrons without face masks will be asked to leave the Library, but are welcome to return when a face mask is worn.
The face mask requirement comes directly from Carroll College's Health & Safety guidelines as part of the Marching Back Plan.
We appreciate your understanding and support.
For other changes to Corette Library practices and procedure, check out our COVID-19 guide, which is kept up-to-date.
"Carroll Creates" podcast series is live!
Corette Library's hours of operation are limited due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.