Tuition & Costs
Keeping your college journey affordable
We know that college is a major investment—in yourself and in your future. And because you’ll get practical training for your future career and the foundation for a life of meaning and purpose, a Carroll education is one the best investments you can make. That’s why we strive to keep Carroll affordable.
- The average Carroll financial aid package in 2023 —$28,229—is over half the total cost of attendance.
- In addition to financial assistance, scholarships and awards, and work-study positions, financial need is considered for students who submit a Federal FAFSA.
- 99% of Carroll students receive an institutional scholarship.
- For students who receive the maximum financial aid gift, the cost to attend Carroll is comparable to the in-state cost at Montana’s public universities. (U.S. Department of Education College Navigator, December (2021)
Undergraduate Tuition & Cost Snapshot
|Full-Time Tuition (12-19 CREDITS)||$19,576||$39,152|
|Housing and Food||$5,606||$11,212|
|Total Direct (Billable) Charges||$25,782||$51,564|
|Average Gift Aid||($12,422)||($24,844)|
|Total Direct (Billable) Charges After Average Gift Aid||$13,360||$26,720|
1 Direct Costs are billable charges
2 Housing and Food is based upon the cost of a double room in the freshman residence hall and the full-meal plan.
3 Allowances are not directly billed to the student, however, families still need to financially plan for these expenses. The allowance amounts included in the cost of attendance budget reflect the average costs for books & supplies, personal expenses, and transportation. Actual amounts will vary by student.
Total Cost of Attendance includes allowances for Books and Supplies of $800, Personal Expenses of $1,800, Transportation Expenses of $1,400, and Loan Fees of $68 for a total cost of attendance of $55,632 for the year. If you choose to live at home with your parents, your housing and food allowance will be adjusted to $2,410 for the year ($1,205 a semester) and your aid may be revised.
See the Total Cost breakdown
How we can help
Our financial aid counselors are here to help you maximize all of the aid you and your family are eligible for. They’ll answer all of your questions and assist you with:
- Scholarships and awards
- Working on campus
- Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Contact the Financial Aid Office at:
- (406) 447-5425 or (800) 992-3648 ext. 5425