Hunthausen Activity Center
HAC Fall 2020 Information
- Fitness classes will not be offered this first semester. We will reevaluate the possibility of having classes second semester.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit our building and contact the Wellness Center.
- Please wear a mask while in the building, for those who are exercising you can remove your mask if you have a hard time breathing.
- Clean all equipment before and after use. This includes the fitness machines as well as all weights and equipment.
- Equipment room hours are M-Th 3:30-6:30pm and Friday from 12:30-6:30pm. Closed on the weekend, so please pick up your weekend rental on Friday.
There is limited space in the building and our maximum number of people in the building at any given time is 43 people. To save you time we ask that you call the HAC front desk at (406) 447-4999 to find out if there is room for you to come over and work out. The front desk will be keeping track of numbers. Below you will find the numbers allowed in each area of the building. These numbers allow for 6 foot distancing.
Maximum number of people allowed in each area of the HAC:
- Rubber room: 2
- Wood room: 2
- Cardio room: 10
- Machine weights: 4
- Free weights: 5
- cquetball: 2
- Climbing wall: 5 (You must wear a mask in this area at all times. )
- CAMP Gear room: 3
- Gymnasium: 10
The Hunthausen Activity Center at Carroll College
The Hunthausen Activity Center is one of the newest addition to the Carroll College campus landscape. The facility consists of a climbing tower, bouldering wall, outdoor recreation center, multi-purpose exercise rooms, gymnasium, cardiovascular equipment and weight equipment areas. The Hunthausen Activity Center opened in February 2017.
Hunthausen Activity Center staff provide leadership to the college's recreation, fitness and intramural programs. Students and employees have the opportunity to participate in fitness classes, intramural sport, outdoor equipment rental, and individual use of cardiovascular and weight equipment. The inaugural year of the Hunthausen Activity Center will define program and facility offerings.
In honor of Archbishop Raymond Hunthausen – Carroll student, professor, coach and president who taught the importance of tending mind, body and spirit, the Hunthausen Activity Center provides:
- Recreational and intramural space including gymnasium and open court space
- Fitness center with weights and cardiovascular equipment
- Multi-purpose and movement rooms for fitness classes
- A climbing wall and storage space for outdoor activity gear
- Meeting rooms and lounge
- Locker rooms
- Intentional spaces for students to meet for study and socializing
For more information: