Accessing VA Benefits

To Access VA Education Benefits:

  • Step 1: If you have not done so already, apply for benefits by visiting 
  • Step 2: Apply for admission to Carroll College. 
  • Step 3: Apply for financial aid.   
  • Step 4: If you have completed one or more terms from a regionally accredited college, please have the institution send your official transcript to: 

    Carroll College 
    Office of Admission 
    1601 N Benton Avenue 
    Helena, MT 59625 
  • Step 5: Once you have been accepted to Carroll College and have solidified your decision to attend,  you will receive an academic advising questionnaire via e-mail.  Upon completion of the questionnaire, an academic advisor will create an initial class schedule for you.
  • Step 6: Set-up an appointment to meet with the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services and bring/complete the following items:
    1. Copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility or Certificate of Eligibility (provided by VA once you have been approved for benefits)
    2. Carroll College VA Enrollment Form  
  • Step 7: Attend new student and new veteran student orientation.


In order to use your VA Educational Benefits for the Fall 2024 semester, these documents must be submitted to the Director of Veteran Services no later than August 10, 2024. 

If you need to add/drop classes, change majors/minors, you will need to meet with the certifying official immediately. Failure to do so may result in a debt to Carroll College.

Contact the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services

Please contact the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services for more information regarding:

  • Academic Advising – Once you have been admitted to Carroll College and you meet with an academic advisor to register for courses, an individualized four-year academic plan will be developed on your behalf specific to your program of study.
  • If you have completed one or more terms from a regionally accredited college or university, please have them send Carroll College a copy of your official transcript for evaluation to:  

    Carroll College  
    Office of Admissions  
    1601 N Benton Avenue  
    Helena, MT 59625
  • Academic Resources (tutoring, computer labs, etc.)
  • Counseling Services
  • Referrals to on and off-campus service providers
  • Withdrawals due to deployment
  • Campus Support Groups
  • Accessibility Services

Carroll College Director of Veteran Services and Certifying Official

Veteran Services  
Carroll College  
1601 N. Benton Ave.  
Helena, MT  59625

(406) 447-4547
Office Location: Borromeo Hall, room 109 across from Saints Success Center.