Health Services

Two Guys Smiling

Health Services

Health Services offers confidential non-emergency medical care to students to support their health and wellness and is located in the Wellness Center on the ground floor of St. Joseph wing in Our Lady of Guadalupe Hall.

We have one Registered Nurses on staff and one Nurse Practitioner who provide a wide variety of services:  prescriptions for minor ailments, referrals to other medical professionals, flu shots, immunizations, suture removals, laboratory testing, STI testing, and pap smears. There isn't a fee to see the nurse or nurse practitioner; however, there may be a minimal fee for laboratory testing and immunizations.  Unfortunately, we do not bill to insurance, but our laboratory and immunization fees are minimal and we can help you get reimbursed from your insurance company.  Appointments are recommended but not always necessary. A nurse practitioner offers a weekly clinic

Tuesday Clinic
Our nurse practitioner, Denise Smigaj, sees students every Tuesday afternoon from 1:00-5:15, during the fall and spring semesters when school is in session. She provides assistance for students who may need medical prescriptions called into a local pharmacy. Please call for an appointment!

Immunization Information

Carroll College requires proof of the following immunizations prior to attendance: 

  • Proof of a meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years (NOT meningitis B)
  • Proof of a PPD (tuberculosis skin test) within one year prior to attendance
  • Proof of a tetanus shot within the last 10 years and series
  • Proof of 2 MMRs
  • Proof of polio series

Please note that we do provide all but the polio series here in the wellness center. Contact our front office for more information 406-447-5441.

Students with Religious Exemptions need to provide the Wellness Center with a notarized Religious Exemption Form from the state which they reside in at the beginning of EVERY academic year.

Need some help?

Watch the Immunization Records Instructional Video

Student Immunization

The Wellness Center will transfer your immunization records to another college or university upon your request. Graduates may need a copy of their immunization records to submit to their graduate program or employer. Please contact the Wellness Center at 406-447-5441 to ensure your records are still on file and to make a request for your immunization records. Student Immunization Form

The Wellness Center charges a $8.00 records transfer fee. American Express, MasterCard, Discover card and Electronic Check are acceptable methods of payment. All payments made by credit/debit cards will be processed through Official Payments, a third party provider. A 2.5% convenience fee is charged by Official Payments for using this service. There is no fee for paying by Electronic Check.  Make an online payment here

How do I submit my wellness charges to my insurance?

Although individual office visits are included in the Health Center Fee charged on a semester basis, some lab tests and vaccinations may incur a charge. Students may pay these charges at the time of visit in the Wellness Center or ask to have them charged to their student account. In order for a student to submit these charges to their health insurance carrier they will need two pieces of information.

  1. A receipt either from the Wellness Center or a Statement of Account detailing the wellness center charge and corresponding payment made from the Business Office.
  2. A diagnostic code sheet from the Wellness Center which will have universally used codes describing the service provided and the charge.

In order for a student to submit these charges to a Health Savings Plan the student will have to go through submission to their health insurance first and then submit the Explanation of Benefits received from the insurance carrier to their Health Savings Plan.