Engineering Dual Degree

Engineering: Dual Degree


If you choose to study engineering under the 3-2 option, you will earn a bachelor of arts in engineering mathematics from Carroll College in addition to a bachelor of science in engineering from one of our affiliated engineering schools.

hero background

About the Program

After completing three years at Carroll as a 3-2 student, you are eligible for admission* and transfer to one of two affiliated universities for two years of additional study in your chosen engineering field (due to unique requirements some engineering programs may take longer than two years, after transferring, to complete).  As a 3-2 major, you should consult with your Carroll engineering advisor as soon as possible to design a course plan that matches your intended major and university. 

*Admission requirements to the affiliated schools are met when the first three years at Carroll are completed successfully and you achieve the minimum grade-point average required for your chosen affiliate. In most cases, this is a 3.0 to 3.6 GPA (overall and in your STEM courses). Even if an applicant achieves the required academic and personal standards admission is not guaranteed.

Where can I go to finish my 3-2 Degree?

Carroll has affiliations with two universities where transfer arrangements are coordinated with designated representatives from Carroll and the engineering  school. Our affiliated universities are shown below. 

Transfer for 3-2 students are not restricted to our affiliates. A 3-2 major can finish their engineering degree at any ABET accredited engineering college.

Our Civil Engineering and Engineering Science programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.


Civil Engineering

Additionally, Carroll College offers ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science degree program in Civil Engineering.

Take the next step

Call to Action Background

Ask a Civil Engineering Professor