Carroll Theatre Season
Season Theme for 2018-2019
Our theme for this season is "Ubuntu." The word ubuntu is part of the Zulu phrase "Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu," which means that a person is a person through other people. In an effort to make art that matters, we have decided to produce shows this season that promote the ubuntu philosophy which is often translated "I am because we are." We gain much more by seeking to understand, love, and accept one another than we do by demonizing those we find difficult to agree with. In fact, our very existence is because of community.
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
This year's play for young audiences is based on C.S. Lewis' classic story of the four Pevense children and their trip into the land of Narnia. There will be public performances in the evenings and Sunday matinees in April. There will also be school day matinees for school groups to attend. Please contact Kim Shire if you are a teacher wishing to bring your class to the show. Purchase tickets to The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
The FLEX Theatre
Our theatre home is in the lower level of the Campus Center (often called the CUBE). Our former dance and acting studios have been renovated, resulting in a flexible theatre space with state of the art technology, a comfortable green room, tech booth/classroom, costume classroom, box office, and plenty of storage. We can't wait to share it with you!
Parking and Directions
- You may park for free in the Campus Center pay lot (and in nearby lots if necessary) during performances as long as you avoid named spots and A lots.
- When driving to Carroll, turn off of Lyndale onto the Carroll Campus using Park, a small road just one short block from the intersection of Benton and Lyndale. The Campus Center lot is directly in between that entrance and the Campus Center which you can see from Lyndale. (Note that you can also use Getchell to enter campus, but the entrances to campus from Benton Avenue are now dead ends that do not lead to the Campus Center lot).
- The FLEX theatre is in the lowest level of Campus Center. Use the stairs on the South side of the building or the ramp on the East side to enter Campus Center. You will locate the stairs and elevator in the great room outside the cafeteria and bookstore.
Seating and Ticket information
- We can accept the following forms of payment: Cash, check, credit/debit cards.
- We feature festival seating. There is no assigned seating in our theatre, however you may purchase tickets online in advance to make sure we save you a spot. In case of a sell out, we will re-sell your seat 5 minutes prior to curtain time if you have not claimed your ticket by that time.
- If tickets are sold out online, come early to purchase a limited number of seats which we save for door sales. The ticket window opens one hour in advance of each performance. Online sales shut down 90 minutes before each performance.
- Seating is on a first come- first seated basis. Our capacity is between 100-150 seats depending on configuration. We recommend that you arrive early.
- The house opens 30 minutes before showtime for those who want to claim their choice of seats.
Visit the Theatre Facebook page for current information and photos and information from the past. It is an easy way for all past, present and future Carroll Theatre people to access information, memories and just stay in touch.
Above: The production team works with digital video, lighting, and sound during a recent show.