Presidential COVID-19 Update: February 3, 2021
Students, Faculty, and Staff,
Thanks to the diligence of faculty, students, and staff we continue to see relatively low COVID-19 numbers on campus. It is however, critically important that we all stay vigilant, particularly in monitoring our own personal health and taking personal precautions such as wearing masks.
According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. If you are displaying any symptoms potentially related to COVID-19, you should isolate and contact the Wellness Center or your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
These symptoms include THE ONSET OF NEW SYMPTOMS of one or more of the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever – 100.4° and above
- Runny nose or new sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
Asymptomatic Student, Faculty and Staff testing
Ongoing COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic students, faculty and staff continues next week:
- Mondays & Tuesdays
- 9 am - 11:30 am
- Wellness Center
- No appointment necessary
Only individuals who are asymptomatic should come to the Wellness Center. If you have symptoms, contact the Wellness Center or your healthcare provider and follow the guidelines on the Marching Forward website under the heading “If you feel ill.”
Symptomatic, off campus and weekend testing
Students, faculty and staff can access the following resources to obtain a COVID-19 test in the community:
- Walgreens provides symptomatic testing 7 days a week from 9 am - 5 pm by appointment and by filling out the form at walgreens.com/covid19testing. No provider is necessary.
- PureView offers appointments Monday - Friday, 8 am - 11am – this is a drive-through testing site located at the fairgrounds. Their website indicates a person should call 406-500-2044 for more information, or if you have questions. Again, no provider is necessary.
- St. Peter’s Health requires orders from a healthcare provider. Please contact your healthcare provider directly.
- Carroll’s Wellness Center is happy to assist Monday - Friday. Please make an appointment and obtain an order from Kerri Rigsby by calling 406-447-5441
Please direct any questions to the Marching Forward team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marching Forward Team