COVID-19 Update: April 7, 2021
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
We want our students to be aware of two opportunities now available to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Timing is of the essence because receiving your first dose vaccine within the next two weeks will allow you the opportunity to get your second dose before leaving for summer break.
Both of these opportunities are also available to our faculty and staff.
LEO POCHA CLINIC
The first opportunity is through the Leo Pocha Clinic. Dr. Cech sent an email last Wednesday with details about this clinic and currently, there are still appointments available for next week, Monday through Thursday.
These doses of the Moderna vaccine will be administered at the Leo Pocha Clinic, 501 Euclid Ave.
Sign up at https://hia-mt.org/vaccine.
- Please make copies of your photo ID and insurance card to upload before you begin the form. This is so Leo Pocha Clinic can bill your insurance, which your insurance is required to cover at no cost to you.
- If you use a phone or tablet with a camera to sign up, you can take photos and upload the pictures of your ID and insurance card to the form.
- Thank you to Professor Kelly Parsley for facilitating this partnership and thank you to Leo Pocha Clinic for providing this opportunity to our campus community.
LEWIS & CLARK FAIRGROUNDS
The vaccination clinics at the Fairgrounds are now available to all Lewis & Clark residents 16+. We have been assured by Lewis & Clark Public Health that all Carroll students are considered eligible for these vaccines regardless of your permanent home address. You just need to show your Carroll ID to confirm your connection to the community. You also need to bring a photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport but it does not need to show a Helena area address.
First dose clinics of the Pfizer vaccine are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Fairgrounds. Second dose clinics are Thursdays and Fridays. Appointments are currently available beginning next week.
- Those under 18 years old, must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms DO NOT come to your appointment. Please reschedule your appointment or call the COVID-19 Hotline if you have questions.
- Wait at least 14 days before and after getting your COVID-19 vaccine, before getting any other vaccine (for example flu or shingles).
- Show up your assigned appointment time.
- There is a mandatory 15 or 30 minute observation period immediately after you receive your first and second dose (wait time depends on your existing health risk condition/s).
- FIRST DOSE clinic: Bring your appointment confirmation, photo ID, and proof of Lewis and Clark county residency which is your Carroll ID.
- SECOND DOSE clinic: Bring your white vaccination card from your FIRST DOSE clinic.
- Wear a mask.
ONGOING COVID-19 TESTING
Also as a reminder, Carroll continues to offer free weekly COVID-19 testing at the Wellness Center for asymptomatic students, faculty, and staff. Mondays and Tuesdays, 9 am - 11:30 am in the Wellness Center. No appointment necessary
Only individuals who are asymptomatic should come to the Wellness Center. If you have symptoms, contact the Wellness Center or your healthcare provider and follow the guidelines on the Marching Forward website under the heading “If you feel ill.”
Please know we are encouraging all students and employees to get vaccinated for COVID-19, but also recognize it is a personal decision.
Thank you for all you continue to do to keep our campus safe and healthy.
Marching Forward Team