– Final Performance in the Carroll Performing Arts Center –
HELENA – Carroll College Theatre is producing a charming musical for the whole family, A Year With Frog and Toad, by Willie and Robert Reale. Carroll’s 20th annual children’s play will run April 22, 23, 29, 30, and May 1, in the Carroll College Performing Arts Center in Old North.
Arnold Lobel's treasured characters hop from page to stage in a story of friendship and adventure. One of the most charming musicals ever written, this production follows Frog and Toad through all four seasons of friendship. Moments from each of Lobel’s four books are featured in this musical. Kimberly Shire, Carroll’s newest director of theatrical productions said, “I have always adored this beautiful show and can’t wait to introduce it to the Helena community.”
Other items of interest:
- This is the final performance in the Old North Performing Arts Center.
- Next fall, Carroll theatre will begin performing in the new flexible black box theatre in the Campus Center.
- Use coupon code “Cookies” to take $1 off general admission or child ticket prices online.
- The set features a feast for the eyes with hand painted details that mimic the books.
- The cast of 20 will be wearing 1930s inspired fashions which hint at the animals they are portraying.
- The musical ran on Broadway in 2003 and was nominated for three Tony Awards including Best Musical, Best Book and Best Score.
Running April 22-23 and April 29-May 1, shows will be 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sunday in the Carroll College Theatre, across from Corette Library. Tickets are available at the door or online at the Carroll Theatre Season webpage. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $5 for children 12 and under, and $2 with a current Carroll College ID.
For more information contact:
Director of Theatrical Production