Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society
Sigma Beta Delta, an international honor society for business students, was established to honor students who attained superior scholarships and achievements in business programs in schools and colleges with regional accreditation. Sigma Beta Delta signifies wisdom, honor, and the pursuit of meaningful aspirations. To be inducted into the society, students must rank in the upper 20 percent of their junior, senior, or master's class and be recommended by faculty officers. Sigma Beta Delta encourages students to distinguish themselves through honorable service to humankind.
KIVA Micro-lending Project
Carroll College's Sigma Beta Delta honor society supports Kiva - an international non-profit organization. Since the inception of the project, Sigma Beta Delta has made 134 micro-loans totaling $6,725. Funded entrepreneurs were in 33 countries including Costa Rica, Peru, and Mongolia. Loans were made in a variety of sectors but have been primarily in the agricultural, services, retail, and food sectors.
The Carroll College Sigma Beta Delta chapter currently has 102 student members, along with 8 faculty members and 11 honorary members.
- Professor Julia Mull, President
- Professor Annette Ryerson, Vice President
- Dr. Belle Marie, Secretary/ Treasurer
- Ryan Lindsay, Partner, Wipfli
- Maggie Long, Human Resources, Anderson ZurMuehlen
- Loren Brown, President & CEO, Ascent Bank
- Teri Calton, Vice President, First Interstate Bank
- Lynn Etchart, Chief of Staff, Blue Cross Blue Shield (past Vice President of Finance at Carroll College)
- Chick Rolling, SCORE, Air Products Executive (retired)
- Nan LeFebvre, Human Resources Professional, State of Montana
- Jerome Loendorf, Harrison, Loendorf, Poston, Duncan, P.C. (retired & prior Carroll Board of Trustees)
- Mark Semmens, Managing Director-Investment Banking, D.A. Davidson (Carroll Board of Trustees)
- Greg Gianforte, Entrepreneur and Founder of RightNow Technologies
- Clint Morrison, Financial Advisor with Royal Alliance Associates, Inc.