Student Undergraduate Research Festival
Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF)
The Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF) is a celebration of the research done by Carroll College students. The event occurs every April, and everyone is invited to attend. SURF is seen as the highlight of the year for all of the students doing research, and it is a wonderful opportunity for other Carroll students, Carroll faculty and staff members, and community members to see the amazing work done by our students.
In 2017, we had a record number of 107 participants, and they were all very excited to share their research with you during this time of student-driven, inquiry-oriented learning.
Applying for the 2018 SURF
Show off your amazing research! We welcome presentation applications from all disciplines. This year's SURF event is taking place on April 20th from 9am to 4pm. Deadline for applications is February 15, 2018.
Application Instructions for the Student
- Open a web browser.
- Log out of any non-Carroll Gmail accounts.
- Log in to your Carroll College Gmail account (for help, see the IT Help Desk in St. Charles Lobby).
- Complete the full online registration form and press Submit on the final page.
- You will get an email containing all of your responses. Please save this email.
Faculty Research Advisor Instructions
- Your research student needs to follow the instructions above.
- Your research student should email you a copy of their responses from the student registration form.
- Once the SURF application deadline has passed, the SURF committee will send a copy of the title and abstract to you to proofread.
- Be sure that your research student is ready for SURF on April 20!
If there are questions about the registration procedure please email Dr. Eric Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The SURF Committee
(Brandon Sheafor, Eric Sullivan, Jeanette Fregulia, Ryan Hallows, Lizzy Younce, and Maria Larson)
Tentative Schedule of Events
- 9:00–9:45 a.m. Poster Presentations (Upper Campus Center)
- 10:00–10:45 a.m. Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 11:00–11:45 a.m. Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 12:00–1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15–2:00 p.m. Keynote speaker (location TBA)
- 2:15–3:00 p.m. Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 3:00–4:00 p.m. Poster Presentations (Upper Campus Center)
- 4:00–5:00 p.m. Honors Convocation (location TBA)