Student Undergraduate Research Festival
Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF)
The Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF) is a celebration of the research done by Carroll College students. The event occurs every April, and everyone is invited to attend. SURF is seen as the highlight of the year for all of the students doing research, and it is a wonderful opportunity for other Carroll students, Carroll faculty and staff members, and community members to see the amazing work done by our students.
In 2018, we had a record number of 140 participants, and they were all very excited to share their research with you during this time of student-driven, inquiry-oriented learning.
Carroll's Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF) is our annual research event taking place on Thursday, April 25th from 9am to 4pm (no classes on that day). This is a wonderful chance for Carroll College students to show off their amazing research — we welcome you come and view presentations from all disciplines!
Questions? Dr. Eric Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, April 24 (SURF Keynote)
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. — Sung Evening Prayer (All Saints Chapel)
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. — SURF Keynote Address (Simperman Hall Weigand Amphitheatre)
- Speaker: Dr. Keith Edgerton - professor of History at MSU Billings
- Title: Copper, The Capitol, and Carroll
- 8:00-9:00 p.m. — Reception (Fortin Science Center Scola)
Thursday, April 25 (SURF -- No Classes Held)
- 8:15-9:00 a.m. — Breakfast for presenters (Upper Campus Center)
- 9:00–9:45 a.m. — Poster Presentations (Upper Campus Center)
- 10:00–10:45 a.m. — Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 11:00–11:45 a.m. — Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 11:45–12:45 p.m. — Lunch
- 1:00 to 1:45 p.m. — Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 2:00–2:45 p.m. — Research Presentations (Lower Campus Center)
- 3:00–4:00 p.m. — Poster Presentations (Upper Campus Center)
- 4:00–6:00 p.m. — SURF Lawn Party (Outside the Campus Center)
- 7:00–8:00 p.m. — SURF Keynote Address (Simperman Hall Weigand Amphitheatre)
- Speaker: Dr. Marc Kassis - Astronomer at the Keck Observatory
- Title: The Keck Laser Show: Technology that's Improving our Vision of the Universe
Friday, April 26 (President's Inauguration)
- No classes held.
- For more information, visit the Presidential Inauguration website.