Exec Assistant to the VPAA
Maria Larson is the Executive Assistant for the Academic Affairs. She is responsible for managing and overseeing the Office of Academic Affairs and other academic services. Her other responsibilities include:
- overseeing ISA service learning and School of Record procedures;
- coordinating policies and processes for Academic Affairs;
- managing department budgets;
- tracking and monitoring adjuncts and faculty overloads for all academic departments;
- managing faculty review, promotion, and tenure for all full-time faculty;
- coordinating and administering course evaluations;
- coordinating professorships appointments; coordinating department chair appointments;
- planning and coordinating fall orientation activities;
- managing and reconciling several calendars; coordinating meetings for Academic Affairs staff, department chairs and faculty-at-large;
- managing Dean’s list;
- assisting Institutional Review Board;
- coordinating Student Undergraduate Research Festival;
- planning and coordinating academic receptions;
- serving as resource and liaison to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, and faculty-at-large;
- maintaining electronic syllabi repository;
- maintaining full-time faculty and department information.
It was one of Maria's biggest dreams to work at Carroll College and it came true in May of 2013 when she was hired as an Assistant Registrar, where she worked for almost three years before accepting her current position. Before coming to Carroll, she worked as a bookkeeper/human resource manager for Sussex Construction as well as for her in-law’s motel and a Montessori pre-school.
A native of Czech Republic, Maria came to the United States to work as a nanny after she received her Master’s Degree in Education from Silesian University in Katowice, Poland in 1996. Another great opportunity to work as a ski instructor and assistant supervisor for the children’s side of the ski school brought her to Big Sky, Montana, where she met her husband, Patrick Larson, a history teacher/football coach/driver’s education teacher at Capital High School.
Maria's favorite activity is spending time with her family – Pat, their two boys, Jakub and Daniel, and the latest addition – cockapoo puppy, Milo. They all enjoy staying active by hiking, kayaking, camping, fishing, x-country skiing and mainly downhill skiing together!