Students who plan to complete an internship for the following term:
- Summer (dates 5/22-8/11), proposal should be submitted by April 28, 2023
- Fall (dates 8/23-12/14), proposal should be submitted by July 15, 2023
In an attempt to finalize registration/billing and avoid a delay in the approval process (faculty who are not teaching a summer course, may not be around to approve experiences over the break, which is why we encourage students to submit early).
Once an internship proposal is complete and error-free, the internship approval process can take up to 15 business days or more to process, so please keep this in mind when submitting a proposal via Handshake.
- A student must complete, and have approved, an Internship Proposal prior to beginning an internship experience.
- Students must register for the academic term in which the work activity takes place (hours and weeks).
- Internships must be at least eight weeks in duration to be worthwhile.
If you need an internship to be considered full-time status, the Financial Aid and/or Registrar's Office determine what credits are considered eligible for full-time enrollment.
For information pertaining to an internship for academic credit, please refer page 6 of this document or schedule a meeting via Handshake - Career Services: Internship or Job Search Guidance appointment.