Zack Eckerdt joined Carroll College in 2021. However, he started his professional journey in Student Affairs and Residential Life in 2008, and brings practices from multiple institutions. He is passionate about developing co-curricular programs that help connect students' lived experiences to their coursework, and the world beyond graduation. He believes that the value of on campus living is found in doing life with other people, discovering the leader within oneself, and embracing transformative experiences through community. Zack holds a Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication, and a Masters of Science in Adult/Organizational Learning & Leadership.
Zack’s family also joins him in on campus living, with his wife and 4 children being a part of the Carroll community. Additionally, he enjoys keeping up on tech trends, devouring podcasts, hunting out the best local food, enjoying a good trail, and playing the best board games you’ve never heard of.
Zack shares that you should ask him about:
- Engaging in Student Leadership on Campus
- Housing Contracts and Billing Questions
- Systems of Support at Carroll College
- Servant-Based & Strengths-Based Leadership
- Transformational Learning Theory
- Team Building and Leadership Development
- Great board game recommendations