Presidential COVID-19 Update: August 25, 2020
I apologize that you were not informed that Sodexo would be “Grab and Go” only the evening of Monday, August 24. That was not communicated to me. As we have started the semester, we have had a number of problems in the STAC which are of concern to the Carroll College and Sodexo Staff as well as Lewis and Clark Public Health. While most students continue to wear masks and take social distancing seriously, it is important that all students follow the necessary protocols that have been implemented. We do realize the set up has led to some problems with crowding in certain areas that we are immediately working on addressing. Additionally, we have heard concerns about the number of choices and speed of service.
It will take us some time to work these issues out and I’d ask you to be patient. The STAC has reopened for in person dining as of Breakfast, Tuesday 25th of August.
To help guide guests through the dining hall, below are the options that you will find at each area of the dining hall.
- Grill will have a full meal option for both Lunch and Dinner
- Main Entrée will have minimum one Protein, one Starch and 2 Vegetables for both Lunch & Dinner
- Lunch and Dinner will have special vegetarian options for students that have this need
- Pizza stations will be available with different options each day for both Lunch and Dinner
- Salad Bar area will have prepared salads ready to go
- Sandwich bar will be available for Lunch on a made to order basis
- Breakfast will be normal service
- All beverages will be canned or bottled water
In addition, we have additional services on campus for your needs.
- Tres Habaneros offers freshly made to order Mexican food. You can also pick up your Grab & Go sandwiches and other snack items.
- Jazzman’s is open for your coffee needs and has fresh pastries available as well.
In the meantime, as you utilize Sodexo I would ask that you:
- Wear your mask in line, and when not seated at a table
- Not move tables or chairs within the dining area
- Maintain social distance while in line to the degree possible
- Help Sodexo staff by remaining polite and respectful
Thank you for your patience as we work through issues to ensure we can safely offer in person dining. Please send your questions and suggestions about food service to Ray Gullatt, Interim General Manager for Carroll Food Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you Saints and have a great rest of the week!
John E. Cech, Ph.D.