Great Conversation Starters
On Wednesday evening, November 16, over 300 Helena community members gathered at the Great Northern Hotel to participate in the Helena Education Foundation’s Great Conversations event. An impressive number of Carroll faculty, staff and alumni participated in the event as table hosts leading a wide variety of conversation topics. It was wonderful to see so many from Carroll taking time from their busy lives to share their expertise and ideas in support of the local Helena public schools.
Great Conversation Discussion Leaders and their Topic Titles:
Carroll Faculty & Staff
- Sean Courtney & Dan Case – Tinkering with Technology
- Dr. Jamie Dolan – What’s Gender Got to Do with It?
- Dr. Jeanette Fregulia – History Informs Faith
- Dr. Nikki Honzel – Why Stress? Why Stress?
- Dr. Grant Hokit – Going Viral
- Dr. Colin Irvine – The Stories We Live By
- Dr. Kyle Strode – Water, Water Everywhere… and Not A Drop to Drink
- Dr. Sarah Anzick, ’88 – The Anzick Child
- Dr. Richard Buswell ’66 – Leaving a Trail and Tale: Stories of the Mullan Road
- Mark Johnson ’98 – Chinese Settlers: Untold Stories of Montana’s Cultural Past
- Jason Neiffer, ’97 – How Smart Is your House?
People who sat at their tables raved about the conversations and what they learned. A local alum who attended the event said, "This is one of the most inspiring evenings I have had the pleasure of attending in our community. Knowing this helps support teachers in shaping the hearts and minds of our children makes it a special evening – and it was great to see Carroll so well represented."
Thank you to all who participated as Great Conversations table leaders. You are just a few of our Carroll treasures!