Carroll Holding Food Drive for Helena Food Share
HELENA – Carroll College is organizing a food drive November 4-8, 2017, to benefit Helena Food Share.
There are a number of opportunities for the community to participate in the food drive:
- November 4: Bring food items to the Carroll vs. Montana Western football game at noon at Nelson Stadium.
- November 4-5: Participate in the food drive at Van’s Thriftway.
- November 6-8: Contact the Food Share Concierge between the hours of 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. at 406-447-5167. Students will come to your home and collect donated food.
- November 4-8: Students will distribute bags and collect food in select Helena neighborhoods.
All non-perishable food items are welcome. Special holiday food needs include: boxed stuffing, chicken broth, canned sweet potatoes/yams, canned pumpkin, canned cranberries, jello and pudding boxes, and canned milk.
One in seven Helena residents struggle with hunger, while one in five Helena children don’t know where their next meal is coming from. Helena Food Share provides emergency food for 1,500 local families each month, distributing nearly 6,000 pounds of food to local families in need each day. They serve nearly 1,100 elementary school students every week with the Kids Packs program. Their mission is to serve our neighbors in need by providing food in a respectful and dignified way and by working with others to eliminate hunger in the greater Helena area.
For more information contact:
- Ed Noonan, Carroll College Instructor, 431-3750
- Maureen Ward, Director of Community Living, 447-4378