AlcoholEdu for College
For All Freshmen:
At Carroll, the faculty and staff support your goal to seek a quality education, in and out of the classroom. Your personal and professional development, and that of your peers, is critically important to us. For this reason, we expect you to complete an on-line program prior to your arrival on campus in August.
Carroll College is one of over 500 colleges and universities that offers the on-line program, AlcoholEdu for College, to students to prepare them for college. As you know, decisions regarding alcohol use is a significant issue in the lives of college students. Whether you abstain from alcohol entirely or not, it is an influence in our lives and in the lives of our family and friends. AlcoholEdu for College is an on-line, interactive, non-opinionated alcohol abuse prevention program. The course uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu for College will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers in college.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after the Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 75 or higher to meet the college's expectations for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 has been extended to Friday August 27, 2018. Every student that completes and passes will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 gift certificate from the Carroll Bookstore. There are a total of 20 given out, so the odds of winning are very high!
- Forty-fivedays after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email with information regarding Part 2, which will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete. The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 10, 2018
Please note, the on-line program includes three surveys that measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; Carroll will only receive information about the incoming freshman class as a whole and will never see individual students' answers.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College:
- Go to: www.everfi.com/register
- Under New User, enter the Registration Code: Contact Ashley Griffin at email@example.com for login information.
- Click "Sign Up"
- On the registration page you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu for College account using your Carroll email address and a password of your choice. If you have not activated your Carroll email account, contact our IT Department at 406-447-4390.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter your Carroll email address and the password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Help Site. Their toll free phone number is 1-866-384-9062.
If you have questions of us at Carroll, feel free to contact Ashley Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!