Executive Order 13607
Executive Order 13607 – Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and other Family Members.
On April 27, 2012, President Obama signed Executive Order 13607. This executive order encourages institutions of Higher Education to recognize the importance of transparency when providing students with outcome measurements, financial disclosure documents and enhanced enforcement and compliance mechanisms.
Carroll College agrees to comply with the Principles of Excellence Order and commits to:
- Providing accurate and meaningful information about the cost and quality of attending Carroll, in an effort to assist service members, veterans, spouses, and their dependents in making choices about how to use their Federal educational benefits;
- Preventing any abusive and deceptive recruiting practices that target the recipients of Federal military and veterans educational benefits; and
- Providing high-quality academic advising and student support to all veteran students, spouses, and their dependents.
- Ensuring accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Providing reasonable accommodations for service members and reservists absent due to service requirements.