Accessing VA Benefits

To Access VA Education Benefits:

  • Step 1: If you have not done so already, apply for benefits by visiting
  • Step 2: Apply for admission to Carroll College.
  • Step 3: Apply for financial aid.
  • Step 4: If you have completed one or more terms from a regionally accredited college, please have the institution send your official transcript to:

    Carroll College
    Office of Admissions
    1601 N Benton Avenue
    Helena, MT  59625
  • Step 5: Once you have been accepted to Carroll College and have solidified your decision to attend, you will receive an award package. Within this package you will find an Enrollment Form, sign, date and indicate on the form the VA benefits you have been approved for (ex. Ch. 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill®), return that form to the admissions office (this is will defer your $400.00 tuition deposit). Once you have completed this process, you will receive an academic advising questionnaire via e-mail.  Upon completion of the questionnaire, an academic advisor will create an initial class schedule for you.
  • Step 6: Set-up an appointment to meet with the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services and bring the following items:
    1. Copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility
    2. Certificate of Eligibility (provided by VA once you have been approved for benefits)
    3. Contact Carroll College’s, Director of Veteran Services, Brandy Keely at (406) 447-4550, or by e-mail at to set-up an appointment for your initial introductory appointment.
  • Step 7: Attend new student and new veteran student orientation.

In order to use your VA Educational Benefits for the Spring 2021 semester, these documents must be submitted to the Director of Veteran Services no later than January 8, 2021. 

If you need to add/drop classes, change majors/minors, you will need to meet with the certifying official immediately. Failure to do so may result in garnished VA payments.

Contact the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services

Please contact the Carroll College Director of Veteran Services for more information regarding:

  • Academic Advising – Once you have been admitted to Carroll College and you meet with an academic advisor to register for courses, an individualized four-year academic plan will be developed on your behalf specific to your program of study.
  • If you have completed one or more terms from a regionally accredited college or university, please have them send Carroll College a copy of your official transcript for evaluation to:

    Carroll College
    Office of Admissions
    1601 N Benton Avenue
    Helena, MT 59625
  • Academic Resources (tutoring, computer labs, etc.)
  • Counseling Services
  • Referrals to on and off-campus service providers
  • Withdrawals due to deployment
  • Campus Support Groups
  • Disability Accommodations

Carroll College Director of Veteran Services and Certifying Official

Brandy Keely, Director of Veteran Services
Carroll College
1601 N. Benton Ave.
Helena, MT  59625

(406) 447-4550
Office Location: Borromeo Hall, room 109 across from Saints Success Center.