Aid - Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study is an opportunity for employment for students demonstrating financial need.  Students work a part time job on campus, or for certain approved off-campus employers. Students who complete work-study hours will receive their monthly paycheck on the 10th day of the following month.  For additional information visit Student Aid on the Web. 
Carroll College Work-Study Guidelines

In general, work-study is:

  • Earn-as-you-go-aid. Students earn money as they work the hours, rather than a single lump sum.
  • Flexible for students. On average, students work 10 hours per week.  Employers often allow flexibility to accommodate class schedules.
  • Not credited towards tuition. Students receive monthly paychecks for hours worked. 

Applying for Federal Work Study

Students must file a FAFSA and demonstrate financial need to be considered for Federal Work Study.  Work study eligible students will be notified in their financial aid award.  Award amounts are subject to change based on federal funding.

"My journey to Carroll was not a traditional one as I discovered Carroll by accident while browsing Wikipedia. I choose to attend because I wanted to go to a private school that offered an undergrad degree in Finance and had access to skiing. After Carroll I plan on either working for a bank or going on to grad school where I would earn a Master’s degree in Applied Economics.

"I utilize the opportunities available as an employee at Carroll to further expand my professional experience and better understand the internal culture within the school. I work in the financial aid office and complete tasks related to data entry, information organization, and document processing. By working in this office I am able to better understand the financial process behind tuition and the diverse methods and payment sources available for students to pay. I have been able to learn to utilize different software types. In addition, I now am now much more knowledgeable in regards to the student loans and financial aid in general.

"My education is paid for by my parents via traditional IRA account. At this time I am saving my income from Carroll in order to help pay for grad school."

Devon Boone, Philomath, Oregon, majoring in Finance and Business Administration.