Carroll Theatre Season
Season Theme for 2019-2020
Our theme for 2019-20 theatre season is “Women in Science”, a full season of female authors, composers, and scientists! Upcoming shows for "Women in Science" include, They Promised Her the Moon (starts September 27, 2019), She Persisted (starts November 20, 2019), Emilie: La Marquese du Chatalet by Lauren Gunderson (starts Febrary 7, 2020), and Maria and the Butterflies (starts April 17, 2020).
Seating and Ticket information
- We can accept the following forms of payment: Cash, check, credit/debit cards.
- We feature festival seating. There is no assigned seating in our theatre,however you may purchase tickets online in advance to make sure we save you a spot. In case of a sell out, we will re-sell your seat 5 minutes prior to curtain time if you have not claimed your ticket by that time.
- If tickets are sold out online, come early to purchase a limited number of seats which we save for door sales. The ticket window opens one hour in advance of each performance. Online sales shut down 90 minutes before each performance.
- Seating is on a first come- first seated basis. Our capacity is between 100-150 seats depending on configuration. We recommend that you arrive early.
- The house opens 30 minutes before showtime for those who want to claim their choice of seats.
They Promised Her the Moon
September 27 - October 6, 2019
Our first show of the season will be They Promised Her the Moon by Laurel Ollstein, running Sept 27-Oct 6, 2019. This show is about Jerrie Cobb, one of the first women to be tested for space flight. Dee Smith III will be directing. Purchase tickets
She Persisted 2019
November 13-16, 2019
Our second show of the season will be She Persisted, running Novembe 13-16th, 2019. This show will feature snippets of plays written by women about science. It will be produced by our Women in Theatre class. Purchase tickets
Emilie: La Marquese du Chatalet defends her life tonight
February 7 - 15, 2020
The third show of the season and our first show of 2020 will be Emilie: La Marquese du Chatalet defends her life tonight by Lauren Gunderson, running Feb 7-15. This show is about physicist Emilie du Catalet and her work (and love affair) with Voltaire. In this play, Emilie will suspend the laws of time and space to appear before us and defend her existence, telling her story from her own perspective. Kim Shire will direct.
Maria and the Butterflies
April 17 - 26, 2020
Our final show of the season is a first for Carroll College! We are commissioning this play to tell the story of a female scientist. It is titled: Maria and the Butterflies. This musical is by Katherine Gee Perrone with a musical score by Dana Cardon, running April 17-26, 2020. This show is about Maria Sibylla Merian, a painter and scientist from the 1600s who studied and illustrated the metamorphosis of bugs and butterflies.
This hour-long play will be our TYA production of the year. We will host audiences for school day matinees as well as weekend performances for the public. Kim Shire will be directing. Purchase tickets
Visit the Theatre Facebook page for current information and photos and information from the past. It is an easy way for all past, present and future Carroll Theatre people to access information, memories and just stay in touch.
Above: The production team works with digital video, lighting, and sound during a recent show.