To ensure network security, the latest Windows updates and up-to-date anti-virus software are required for Windows devices to connect to the campus network. When you connect to campus Wi-Fi, the campus network management system at connect.carroll.edu will check your system and will not allow you to connect until you have installed updates and have a valid anti-virus software program installed.
We officially support the following anti-virus programs, although others may work as well.
Connecting your device
How to Connect Laptops, Tablets, and Smartphones
Note: Campus Guests will need a voucher before connecting to WiFi. If you do not have a voucher, please check with the office you are visiting on campus to obtain a voucher. Then follow the steps 1 - 3 below, but choose Guest.
- Check for wireless network connections on your device and choose Carroll WiFi.
- Open a web browser and enter the URL https://connect.carroll.edu, then click the Start button.
- Next, choose the Students and Employees option that appears. You will then be prompted for your Carroll username and password. After entering your credentials, choose the type of device you are using.
- The Cloudpath app is required, and you will be directed to install it during set up. If you are on an iPhone, you will need to allow app installation from sources other than iTunes (Untrusted Sources). Android users need to be able to install apps from Unknown sources which is under Settings, then Security. Read prompts carefully, as they will indicate if this is needed and will redirect you to the proper settings. You may need to begin again after the change has been made. Note that you will need a screen lock code. If you don't have one set, you will be directed to set it up before connection.
How to Connect Gaming Consoles, DVRs, e-Readers, Smart TVs, and Other Wireless Devices
- Open a web browser on a desktop or laptop and enter the URL https://connect.carroll.edu and select the Start button.
- Choose Students & Employees and enter your Carroll username and password, then click continue.
- Choose Gaming Console, E-Reader, SmartTV, DVR, or Other WiFi device.
- Find your MAC address for the device and enter it. An email will then be sent to your Carroll account.
- Connect your device to SaintsLite and enter the key provided.
If you need assistance connecting any of these devices please contact the CCIT Helpdesk at 406-447-HELP (4357).
Although each Resident Hall room may have an Ethernet wall port, these ports are not active. Wireless connectivity is very good in the resident halls and physical ports will only be activated only for unique and extenuating circumstances. For more information, please contact the CCIT Helpdesk at 406-447-HELP (4357).