Carroll College welcomes current Carroll students and students from other campus to live in the residence halls this summer. Three categories of student housing are available and each has a unique application and/or fee structure:
- Active Carroll student- Carroll students taking summer courses or students working on campus at least 15 hours per week or 60 hours per month (including internships and research work). Active Student Summer Housing Application
- Visiting Carroll student- Carroll students not taking summer courses or students working on campus (typically students working off-campus or student athletes staying over the summer for voluntary practices). Visiting Student Summer Housing Application- link coming soon.
- Visiting Student—any student from another institution who is not taking Carroll courses or working on campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer housing locations are in Borromeo Hall for Carroll Students.
- 2nd floor for women
- Basement for men
- Note: Floors could change due to the number of residents of each gender
For non-Carroll students summer housing locations are in our other three residence halls.
- Guadalupe Hall- traditional style dorms with a shared bathroom for the hall, no air conditioning available
- St. Charles Hall- similar to Guadalupe Hall, but additionally does not have an elevator
- Trinity Hall- Includes air conditioning, a private bedroom (may include more than one bed), shared living room, bath room, and small kitchen between a maximum of four persons.
- Descriptions of the different residence halls can be found at https://www.carroll.edu/housing-dining/housing-options.
- Summer Housing is available from May 13th through August 21st, 2020
- Current residents will move to their summer location the week after Commencement (May 11-15), with moves to be completed by May 17th
- Carroll summer residents will move to their fall housing assignments the week of August 10th –15th, with moves to be completed by August 21st
- Exact move in dates TBD pending the Summer Conferencing cleaning schedule
- Visiting students from other institutions must depart campus not later than August 21st
- Active Carroll Student rate = $60/week, single room
- Visiting Carroll Student rate= $120/week, single room or $85/week, double room with a roommate
- Number of weeks is determined at the time of application
- Payment due in full prior to move in
- If a student leaves summer housing early fees will be pro-rated
- Cost examples based on the entire 14 week summer:
- Active Carroll student: 14 weeks x $60 = $840
- Non-Carroll Student rates are dependent on the building
- Guadalupe & St. Charles Halls rate = $18/night, plus a one time $8 linen fee
- Trinity Hall rate = $34/night, plus a one time $8 linen fee
Applying for Summer Housing:
- Carroll Students compete the appropriate application: Active Carroll or Visiting Carroll
- Submit application to the Student Life Office in Borromeo Hall or at email@example.com
- Finalize payment for summer housing in the Business Office, O’Connell Hall
- Non-Carroll students will work with Sodexo Conferencing at firstname.lastname@example.org