Theology of Adventure Camp
Each one of us is made for adventure—a life lived boldly in pursuit of ultimate truth and goodness, uninhibited by fear, hesitation, or self-centeredness. It’s a radical way of life, but it’s the only one we’re interested in. The Theology of Adventure Week is aimed at exploring this bold outlook on life through two sections: the first is a classroom-based experience on Carroll’s campus, and the second is a wilderness adventure set against the Western Montana backcountry. Come and experience what Carroll College's driving adventurous philosophy is all about.
Perfect blend of rigorous wilderness immersion and campus-centered intellectual engagement.
COMING IN 2023
- 7 days
- A two-front weeklong experience, focused on philosophy, theology, and service
- Arrive at Carroll’s campus for Saturday night welcome
- Sunday Mass at Cathedral of St. Helena, followed by wilderness launch into the Elkhorn Mountains
- Establish basecamp and dive into an adventure pulsing with innovative philosophy and theology instruction
- Team-building exercises, wilderness survival instruction, intellectual exploration around the campfire
- Return to campus mid-week, and discover all Carroll College has to offer
- Meet, interact, and dig into philosophy and theology topics with Carroll faculty and local priests
- Engage in meaningful service experiences in the greater Helena valley
- The most dynamic and unique Catholic summer experience in the country. A true, heart-pounding adventure under the big skies of the last best place