Student Information Guide: Borrowing
On this page, find information about:
Your Carroll ID is your library card
Use your Carroll ID at our self checkout machines, or present your ID card at the Front Desk along with the items you wish to borrow at the time of checkout.
If you forget your Carroll ID, please show a photo ID to staff or student workers at the Front Desk.
Borrowing & Renewing Materials
- Items from the general collection may be checked out for the entire semester and may be renewed.
- DVDs and Blu-ray films may be checked out for one week and may be renewed.
- Reference material, print periodicals and items in the Carroll History Room are for in-library use only.
- Course reserve materials may or may not be checked out based on what your instructor has specified.
By request, the checkout period of any library material may be extended further for students. To renew materials, you can stop by the front desk with your request, or you can email or call the library.
Items should be returned by their due date.
Library materials can be returned by putting them in the "Returns" slot in our front desk, or dropping them in our outside book drop. The outside book drop is located on the east side of the building, near the building's entrance.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows Carroll students to borrow materials and receive copies of articles or book chapters that are owned by another institution. If Corette Library does not have a book or article that you need in our collection, you can place an ILL request to receive it.
Interlibrary Loan books have a due date determined by their lending institution. To avoid late fees, please pay close attention to the due date displayed on the item when you pick it up.
Making an Interlibrary Loan Request
An Interlibrary Loan Request Form can be found on the Corette Library website.
Inquiries about ILLs can be sent to email@example.com.
Where Can I Find Answers to My Questions About Interlibrary Loan?
Our Interlibrary Loan Policy addresses most frequently asked questions, including:
- What can I request through ILL?
- How will I receive and return the materials?
- How long will it take to get the materials?
- May I renew ILL material?
- How should I handle ILL material?
- Are there any late fees or charges?