Special Circumstance Form
Carroll College, Financial Aid Office
Deadline August 1, 2020
When you completed the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), it provided us your financial situation at the time you completed the form. We know that sometimes there are special circumstances that are not reflected on the FAFSA. When appropriate and sufficient documentation is provided, it may be possible to take these circumstances into account through a process called Professional Judgement (PJ). Be aware that a PJ is performed at the discretion of each institution and does not guarantee an increase in financial aid.
Supply the following items for ALL requests:
- A completed 2020-2021 Special Circumstance Form
- A detailed, but concise narrative of the circumstances leading to the request (who, why, when)
- Signed 2019 AND 2018 tax return transcript for your parent(s) and/or yourself. You can request a tax return transcript online at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
- Copies of you and your parent’s (if dependent) 2019 AND 2018 W-2’s and schedules C and/or F of your Federal Income tax return, if applicable. If independent, include your spouse’s forms.
- Verification Worksheet (available on-line: http://www.carroll.edu/finaid/forms.cc)
- Requested documentation pertaining to the specific circumstance (see below)