Financially Wise Choice
A Wise Financial Decision
- A trait marked by the ability to see the right course of action, understand the consequences and move forward with courage.
Deciding on a college requires wisdom, and we are here to help make sure you have all the facts you need in order to decide on the right course of action for you.
Paying for college is an investment in your potential which will bring a lifetime of rewards. This is especially true at Carroll, which is why U.S. News & World Report ranked Carroll the #3 Best Value Regional College in the West for 2020.
The cost of a Carroll College education may be higher (or it may not be, after grants and scholarships), but there is added value in that cost. For instance, smaller class sizes and access to faculty is one key way students experience the value. Carroll students also experience the value in our commitment to a four-year graduation, job placement or graduate school, and ongoing support.
Carroll College has the highest graduation rate in a five-state region, graduating in four years means more money in your pocket. Choosing to attend another school where it takes one or two more years to graduate can be a costly decision.
A student who takes six years to graduate:
- Loses out on $94,353 in wages
- Loses out on $150,882 in retirement savings
- Costs an extra $18,992 in tuition/fees
- Cost $7,823 in student loan interest
(EAB June 2016)
Internships and jobs while in college lead to jobs at Carroll College
As the only baccalaureate granting college in Helena there are many opportunities for our students. Opportunities range from large accounting firms across the street, to the halls of the State Capital. In addition, opportunities at one of three major medical facilities, to the Fortune 500 companies that have locations here in Helena.
Jobs at graduation
- A recent study using Montana Department of Department of Labor and Industry data showed that five years after graduation, Carroll College graduates earn more than their peers did.
- 49% of students have the opportunity to work in Montana during college, and of those students, 85% find employment in Montana after graduation.
- Local employers are hungry for Carroll College students. The other day, a major employer just across the street told us of their plans for growing their workforce using Carroll College business major graduates. In addition, we have weekly meetings with area health care providers eager for our graduates. Secondary education, computer science, computer information systems, and accounting are Carroll College programs that are in particular high demand right now.
Graduate and Professional School
Can you imagine completing your four-year degree at Carroll and looking ahead to placement in a professional school and not finding a spot? We can’t imagine it either. So from the first time you step foot on our campus, our programs are designed to give you the very best chance to place in a graduate program after you’ve completed your Carroll degree.
- For the past 15 years, we have averaged an 85% acceptance rate to medical school, more than twice the national average. And remember, this is one of our largest student populations on campus.
- In recent years we have achieved a 100% passage rate on the NCLEX nursing exam, 100% placement in Veterinary School and 100% placement in Chemistry graduate programs.
- Our data science, math, and physics students have gone on to some of the most prestigious programs in the country including Notre Dame and MIT.
- Recently, a law school approached us to build a pipeline program to their Law School because of their high regard for Carroll College students.
When we award a financial aid package it is not just to get you here, it is a four-year commitment to see you graduate and succeed. Every year you will have the opportunity to meet with financial aid, renew your goals, explore opportunities for on-campus work, and make sure you are on track with any borrowing.
Carroll College has one of the lowest student loan default rates in the country. There are two reasons for the low student loan default rate. One reason is that our students get great jobs and have success after graduation. The other reason is that our graduates receive good advice on loan debt and repayment, and they are prepared for what happens next.
We realize the financial aid process can be intimidating and confusing. That’s why we’re here. Our supportive professional financial aid counselors will help you navigate the process from start to finish. Remember to be organized, keep all documentation you receive regarding financial aid together, and please contact us with any questions you may have along the way at (406) 447-5425 or (800) 992-3648, Ext. 5425, as well as firstname.lastname@example.org.