Scholarships and stipends in Army ROTC help you focus on what's important. Namely, getting that college degree — not how you'll pay for it.  Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.

Carroll ROTC scholarships

  • Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options
  • Full-tuition and fees scholarships
  • Additional allowances for books and materials
  • Carroll provides a partial room and board grant (for students who submit a Federal FAFSA before December 1 yearly).

Living Expenses

Army ROTC scholarships also provide a monthly living allowance of $420 per month during the school year.

Contracted students can also earn an additional $1,000 a month by participating in the Simultaneous Membership Program through the Montana Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve.

For High School students, apply  through the on-line Financial Aid 4-year Scholarship application. All other applications for 2 to 3.5 year scholarships, contact CPT Clark for application materials.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Veterans who are eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill may qualify for the  Yellow Ribbon program. Under this program, Carroll will contribute up to 50% of the remaining tuition after GI Bill benefits. For more information contact Brandi Keely, VA coordinator for Carroll.

SMP Program

The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) allows enlisted National Guard and Reserve soldiers to continue to serve and drill while enrolled in ROTC. In addition to the ROTC stipends and book allowance, SMP Cadets will receive their drill pay at an E-5 rate. Educational assistance is available in the form of Tuition Assistance and the GI BIll.

2 and 3 year GRFD/SMP scholarships may be available. Contact CPT Thompson for more information.