Transfer Students

Whether you are coming to Carroll with just a few college courses, or you've already completed an associate's degree, we welcome you to apply to Carroll to finish your bachelor's degree.

Are you ready to be a Saint? National College Decision Day is May 1... submit your deposit now!

Continuing your collegiate journey

Each year, we welcome students who started their college journey at a different school, but have decided that Carroll is where they want to complete it. Transfer students are a critical part of the fabric of our campus culture, and we value the variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and educational experiences they bring.  Please note that students who take any college credits as part of their high school curriculum are not considered transfer students;  they are considered to be first year students with advanced standing credits. 

We’re committed to making your transfer experience to Carroll as smooth and streamlined as possible. We have admissions counselors who work exclusively with transfer students and will personally support and guide you through all phases of the process.

Ready to begin?  Please send us either the Carroll on-line application or use the Common Application and then email a copy of your unofficial transcript to  to get the process started.  Please be sure your transcript has current courses in progress.  Please email a transcript from each college or university attended after secondary school.  Letters of recommendation are not required, but are recommended.  There is no fee to apply.  

Transfer Admission Guarantee
If you’re taking classes at a two-year partner school and meet certain guidelines, you may qualify for the Transfer Admission Guarantee program and the many benefits it brings. If you meet the criteria, along with guaranteed admission to Carroll, you’ll also enjoy a fast-tracked admissions application and a minimum of $10,000 in scholarships each year.

Transferring Credits
One of the most important considerations for transfer students is knowing what credits they’ve fulfilled elsewhere will transfer here. We accept credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities, as long as you’ve earned a C- or better in 100-level (or higher) college courses. We’ll provide you with an official evaluation of your transcripts and credits after you’re accepted to Carroll.

Degree-seeking students receiving institutional aid graphicTransfer Timelines
For admission in the spring semester:

  • Regular Decision Deadline: November 15
  • Rolling Admission: December 1
  • Send FAFSA results to Carroll (code 002526)
  • Class registration begins in early December 

For admission in the fall semester:

  • Regular Decision Deadline: June 15
  • Rolling Admission: August 1
  • Send FAFSA results to Carroll (code 002526)
  • Class registration begins in mid-May 

    Transfer Nursing Requirements

    Carroll College admits a select number of transfer students into our nursing program each fall. The BSN requires three years to complete.

    Requirements to apply

    • One semester of full time coursework within the last 3 years
    • Science coursework completed within the last 5 years
    • At least 25 credits completed by June 1
    • Completed coursework with a “C-” or better: 2 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology, General Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Essentials of Chemistry, English Writing
    • Only two repeated courses and/or withdrawals allowed
    • Minimum Academic GPA of 3.5
    • Initiate a background check by May 15


    • May 15 – Application Deadline (Apply online using the Carroll College Application)
    • May 15 – Background check initiated
    • June 15 – Admitted students will be notified by the Nursing Department

    To learn more, contact contact Kaelynn Olsen in the Office of Admission at (406) 447-4386 or email

    Transfer Scholarships
    When you apply to Carroll as a transfer student you’ll automatically be considered for a variety of scholarships. These include academic merit awards that range from $10,000 to $14,000 per year. You may also qualify for Carroll’s Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, which recognizes exceptional academic achievement.

    Admitted to Carroll, but didn't attend?

    If you applied to Carroll within the past two years, but did not attend, you may "reactivate" your application for the next semester by completing our Readmission Reactivation form. Admission files can only be re-activated for up to two years after the original start term, if you applied to Carroll more than two years ago, we invite you to submit a new application.

    Contact Us

    Should you have questions or need more information about transferring, please contact our Transfer Coordinators: 

    Transfer inquires (non -nursing): Michelle Lewis at (406) 447-5406 or

    Transfer nursing inquiries: Kaelynn Olsen at (406) 447-4386 or