Corette Library & Simperman Learning Commons COVID-19 Service Updates
About this page
This page is intended to be a consolidated list of Corette Library & Simperman Learning Commons actions addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and will be updated as needed.
For the latest information from the Carroll College, please visit https://www.carroll.edu/safety-emergency/covid19
Visitors (current students, faculty and staff) are required to wear cloth face masks or face coverings when in the library building at all times, including when you are studying alone.
- There is NO public access to the library at this time. The general public can continue to borrow Corette Library materials by placing interlibrary loans through their local public library.
- Library building access will require a Carroll College ID card at all times during the Spring 2021 semester.
- Open hours have been decreased to ensure library student employees have enough time to deep clean the facility once the library closes. See current hours on the library homepage.
Student & Faculty Support
The library continues its mission to support the information needs of Carroll College students, faculty, and staff, albeit in a mostly online environment:
- Students: visit our "Ask a Librarian" page for virtual librarian support.
- Faculty: please see the Faculty Information Guide's "Services" page. We can provide in-person or (live or recorded/pre-prepared) remote instruction among other support.
- Chat with library staff using the chat box located on the library website (during open hours only).
- Academic Tutoring (once in LIBR 226) and support from the Writing Center (LIBR 111) are provided online to students. Appointments for either can be made in Moodle.
Using Library Materials
- Place holds on books and other materials for no-contact pickup. You will be notified by e-mail when a hold is available. Search and place holds from the library’s website: https://www.carroll.edu/academics/library.
- The library continues to place and send interlibrary loan requests for physical and electronic items.
- Our loanable technology such as headphones and phone chargers will not be available for use at this time as our front desk is closed. iPads can be requested ahead of time by contacting the library.
- The outside book drop at the east entrance of the library building is open at all times; when the building is open, the book drop at the front desk is also available for returns.
The Front Desk has been closed and will not be staffed at this time in order to lessen in-person contact between employees and patrons.
Patrons can contact the library for online support or if requiring immediate assistance when in the building, can go to the staff workroom entrance by the elevator and request help from a staff member or student employee (we are happy to do so!).
To enable effective deep cleaning of the facility once a day with current staffing levels and social distancing:
- Furniture and computers in open spaces have been removed and/or rearranged.
- Seating and tables have been removed from classrooms to comply with the college's estimation of the Library's various rooms' occupancy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reminders to wear a mask at all times (including when you are studying alone), social distance, and wash hands frequently - are located in the library including posters, directional floor signage, table tents/signs and spoken communication directly with people in the building.
- Hand sanitizer -- along with surface disinfectant bottle refills and papertowels -- are located in or outside of all library classrooms and throughout the library's open spaces on both levels.
Contact us for more information, 406-447-4340.