Business Administration at Carroll College
Today’s fields of business administration, accounting, and finance are fast paced, driven by technology, highly complex, and above all, global. More than ever, the world needs leaders in business who bring as much integrity and character to the table as they do knowledge and acumen. And since the skills it takes to effectively lead in business can be applied across the broad spectrum of professional fields, pursuing your degree in business can open new worlds of opportunity.
Students interested in studying business at Carroll can choose from a variety of degree programs, areas of specialization, and minors. As a business student here, you’ll be exposed to the theory and practice of business, gain a solid foundation in business principles, explore the ever-expanding role of technology and innovation in business, and strengthen your understanding of the importance of ethics.
Student Learning Outcomes
A successful graduate of the department will be able to:
• Use data and statistics in order to understand and analyze relevant problems
• Understand and analyze financial statements of economic entities • Read and understand publications covering topics discussed in the various majors in the department
• Organize and present ideas and information orally in small group settings
• Design and carry out independent and collaborative projects
• Use contemporary information technology effectively including the library, the internet and computer software 116 Majors and Minors—Business Administration
• Write essays and short papers in a clear and concise fashion with emphasis on content, style and analytical ability
• Understand and explain important issues encountered in economic entities with particular emphasis on ethical and global implications.
Why Business at Carroll?
At Carroll, you’ll have a wide range of opportunities—both in the classroom and out—to develop the depth of knowledge and breadth of experience it takes to launch your successful career in business. You may combine your major in business administration, accounting, or finance with one another, a variety of business minors, or majors and/or minors from other academic departments. Our Enactus or the Entrepreneur in Residence programs will help sharpen your interest and abilities as an entrepreneur. Our small classes deliver an abundance of interaction with highly accomplished business faculty who bring exceptional industry experience into the classroom. You can enhance your global and cultural awareness and perspective through study abroad opportunities. And we partner with top organizations in Helena and beyond that provide outstanding internships.
What are my options?
The business administration degree offers five distinct concentration and can be easily paired with other majors, minors, and certificates. Choose below to discover each business administration concentration.