If you need to win, you need to stop!
Gambling is a bigger problem then most of us understand. If you think that your gambling has gotten out-of-control then please come talk to a counselor here at the wellness center.
What is Compulsive Gambling?
The Florida Council on Competitive Gambling defines:
"Pathological gambling, commonly referred to as compulsive gambling, is a progressive behavior disorder in which a person has a psychological uncontrollable preoccupation and urge to gamble. This results in excessive gambling, the outcome of which is the loss of time and money. The gambling reaches the point where it compromises, disrupts and destroys the gambler's personal life, family relationships or vocational pursuits. These problems lead to the intensification of the gambling behavior."
Are you a Compulsive Gambler?
- How much time do you spend gambling?
- Has there been a steady increase in size of bets?
- Do you work up special occasions for gambling and/or cancel other plans for gambling?
- Has your intensity in intrest in gambling increased (do you feel a constant tension and excitement associated with gambling)?
- Do you boast about your winnings and act evasively about your loses?
- Have you experienced a withdrawal from family and friends?
- Do you feel bored by activities that you once enjoyed?
- Have you become more irritable/hostile?
- Have you lied extensively to hide your gambling increase?