New Student Reservation and Housing Agreement


Warning message

You must login to view this form.

Please submit a Reservation and Housing agreement.

Housing Costs


Carroll College considers on-campus living as part of the unique educational experience. All unmarried students under the age of 21 who have not resided in campus housing for two years are required to reside in the college residence halls. Only the Director of Community Living may grant exceptions to this policy based on the following circumstances:

  • Extreme financial need; verified by the Financial Aid Office (demonstration of lower-cost accommodations off campus does not meet the criteria for extreme need.)
  • A medical condition demonstrated by a case history and verified by a physician's letter, which cannot be accommodated in the residence halls.
  • Enrollment delayed by three or more years beyond high school graduation.

If you believe you may qualify for an exception from the housing policy because of one of the above criteria, you must submit the Application for Exception (enclosed) and supporting documents for consideration. The Application for Exception deadline for the Fall semester for returning students is February 22. Applications for Exception for the Fall Semester for new students are due no later than August 2. First-year residents who fail to return a housing contract by May 1 will be assigned to a room and placed in the Gold meal plan. First-year students who fail to sign up for a room for their second year by March 2 will be assigned a room and a default meal plan. In both cases, the appropriate charges will be posted to the student's account.

If you have a Community Living Grant, an Athletic Living Grant or a Deans Community Award and are granted permission to live off-campus, you will no longer be eligible to receive the award and it will be cancelled from your financial aid award. If you are a new student beginning fall of 2019, receiving a merit scholarship and are granted permission to live off-campus, you will have $4000 of the merit scholarship cancelled.

Meal Plans

All students residing on campus are required to purchase a meal plan. Special dietary needs should be directed to the food service manager. The Director of Community Living may grant exceptions to this policy based on one of the following criteria:

  • Extreme financial need; verified by the Financial Aid Office.
  • A medical condition demonstrated by a case history and verified by a physician’s letter, which cannot be accommodated by Carroll College Dining Services.
  • Other exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis

Students requesting an exception must do so by submitting the Application for Exception form by the published deadline as well as providing necessary supporting documentation.

Right of Entry

The College reserves the right to enter any student room by Community Living Staff or other agents of the college (including security) in the event of an emergency, for reasons of health and safety, to uphold community standards, and for normal maintenance. This includes entry to promote safety and conduct, to ensure compliance with Carroll College alcohol and drug policies and any other action that does not comply with federal, state, or local laws. Entry can also be made for inspection or inventory of necessary repairs to rooms, furnishings, or equipment. Safety and security checks are made of all rooms during the scheduled breaks of the academic year.

The Reservation and Housing Agreement will be terminated if the resident withdraws from the college during or at the end of the semester, or is suspended or dismissed from the college or the residence halls for disciplinary reasons. Persons not enrolled in classes may not reside in the residence halls. The student is still responsible for any financial obligations incurred in accordance with this agreement. Rooms are contracted and assigned on the expectation that the student will occupy the room for the Fall and Spring Semesters. Refund and penalties for cancellation or termination of this agreement are as follows:

Between the reservation date and August 2, a cancellation fee of $600 will be posted to the student’s account (except in the case of full withdrawal from the college).

After August 2, if the contract is not fulfilled the following applies:

  1. Exceptions granted from Community Living after August 2 will result in a cancellation fee of $600 posted to the student's account.
  2. After the first day of occupancy when a student withdraws from the college, room charges are refunded in accordance with the tuition refund policy (see Carroll College Catalog). Students who leave the residence halls for other reasons will not receive a refund.

No refunds will be issued the last three weeks of any semester.

Rooms assigned to a student may be occupied by that resident beginning 9 a.m. on the day designated for check-in for the Fall Semester and must be vacated 24 hours following their last final test, or 12 noon on the day following the last final test of the semester, whichever comes first. Residents withdrawing from classes or removed from the college for disciplinary reasons have 24 hours from the time of notification to vacate the assigned room.

This housing agreement does not include the Winter Break. All residents must leave the residence halls during that time, but occupancy of the room will not be cancelled. Exceptions for residency for the break are made through the Assistant Director of Community Living of their area. Applications and deadlines for exception to the break policy will be advertised in advance of the break. Exceptions may include international/exchange students unable to return home, athletes who must attend practices/games during the break, speech and debate team members who must attend practices/ tournaments during the break, or students who must work for the college during the break.

Residents who are unable to return home for reasons other than stated here must apply for break housing. If granted, the resident will be allowed to stay at the break housing rates. Residents allowed to stay during the break must sign an interim contract, and all college policies and rules will remain in place for that resident, including the provisions provided in the housing agreement.

Prior to moving in personal items,the resident agrees to complete and sign a room condition form (RCF) with his or her Community Advisor, which effectively becomes part of this agreement. This RCF describes the condition of the room, and is used to reflect any damages to the room and to determine charges to be made upon checkout. The resident is responsible for reviewing and documenting the condition of the room. Discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the staff person checking the resident in and noted on the inventory. Students who fail to return their RFCs within 48 hours accept the RFCs as is and will not be able to dispute discrepencies. Rooms must be returned to the standard configuration prior to check out. The resident vacating a residence hall room must arrange to be officially checked out of the space. An appointment must be made at least 24 hours in advance with the appropriate personnel. The improper checkout fee is $35.

Students who have reserved specific rooms or have been assigned rooms will be expected to reside in that room. The college reserves the right to make room changes prior to and during occupancy for the good of the resident or residence community. This includes consolidation of occupied rooms to better utilize the college’s spaces or to fill empty beds in partially occupied rooms. Transfer and International students may be placed in empty beds at the discretion of the college at any point during the school year. 

All moves must be approved by the AD in their area.

The college has spaces designated as single-occupancy, double-occupancy, triple-occupancy and quadrupleoccupancy rooms. The suites in Trinity Hall have rooms that are designated as double or single. First-year students do not typically get single-occupancy rooms unless a special exception is made through Community Living.

Residents are financially responsible for damages or required repair to their rooms beyond normal wear and tear. In addition, resident communities are responsible for damage to hallways, community spaces, and furniture or equipment provided for use by the resident community. Community spaces include lobbies, lounges, bathrooms, recreation areas and kitchens. A share of the cost of damages to community spaces will be charged to each resident’s student account. Common wear and tear occurrences will not be considered damage. Residents are responsible for any damage caused by his or her guest(s).

The college will not be liable for any damages or losses to person or property caused by other persons, theft, burglary, assault, vandalism or other crimes, fire, flood, water leaks, frozen pipes, rain, hail or snow, smoke, explosions, interruption of utilities or acts of God. The college strongly recommends that the resident secure his or her own renter’s insurance to protect against loss from any of the above occurrences.

The Reservation & Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. Read all sections of the Agreement carefully before signing. By signing you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to any and all terms as stated.