Criteria for Admission
Criteria for Admission to the Master of Accountancy Program
1. Evidence of a bachelor’s degree in any field from a U.S. regionally accredited post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Evidence of completion of the Background Curriculum for Master of Accountancy listed below.
3. Graduate application and official transcripts per Carroll College Graduate Admissions.
4. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (with score converted to comparable GMAT) score of at least 430. The GMAT or GRE may be waived for the following applicants:
- Professionals with 5 or more years of experience.
- Carroll College Accounting majors with an overall GPA of at least 3.25 on the last 60 credits.
5. Students may enroll either full-time or part-time in the Master of Accountancy program.
(Note: Graduate students may transfer in a maximum of 6 graduate semester credits earned at a regionally accredited college or university within 5 years of admission to Carroll College. A “B-” or better must have been earned in the coursework. Please refer to Carroll College’s Graduate Programs Bulletin for additional information.)
Background Curriculum for Master of Accountancy
Required for students whose undergraduate degree is not in accounting
- BA 301 - Business Law
- BA 303 - Intermediate Accounting
- BA 313 - Managerial Finance
- BA 315 - Cost Accounting
- BA 360 - Accounting & Finance Information Systems
- BA 306 - Marketing
- BA 375 - Fundamentals of Management
- BA 405 - Auditing
- BA 415 - Federal Taxation
- EC 201 - Principles of Economics