Advertise my Event or Announcement
Getting the word out
Q: How do I get my announcement/event approved for advertising on the Carroll website, digital screens, or the weekly student email?
A: In order for an event to be advertised digitally, it must be sponsored by an official Carroll College department, organization, or club. Carroll College will not advertise events that are unattached to Student Life, an academic department, or other recognized entities.
Q: What about non-Carroll events?
We do not advertise non-Carroll sponsored events and announcements on our campus outlets. This includes fundraisers, concerts, community activities, sporting events, etc. If the event is off-campus, a Carroll department or entity MUST sponsor the event.
If your event is sponsored by a recognized department, organization, or club, follow the steps below to receive publicity for your Carroll-approved event. (Note: Faculty/staff - skip to step 2.)
Step 1: Receive approval for event (students only)
Students, your event must be sponsored and pre-approved by one of the following sponsors:
- Student Activities: Contact Patrick Harrisor Contact Bradly Maddock Jr
- Corette Library: Contact Jennifer Oates
- Marketing and Communications: Contact Jeff Wald
- Or a specific Carroll faculty or administrator sponsor. Please provide approval from the sponsor in writing/email if applicable.
Step 2: Secure a physical location on campus
In order for an event to be advertised, you must contact one of the following:
- In the Corette Library: firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-447-4340
- In the FLEX Theatre: Contact Kimberly Shire
- In the PE Center: Contact Kurt Paulson
- All other venues: Shannon Powell at email@example.com or 406-447-4407
Step 3: Send the details
Please fill out our Events and Announcement Request form. The Marketing and Communications staff will put your event on the master calendar, website, and digital screens (if applicable), and your event or announcement will be included in the weekly campus-wide event email.
Please allow for at least two (2) working days in advance in order for your event to be effectivity advertised. If you notify them after, your event will most likely not be given the attention you desire.
Q: When will my advertisement appear?
A: Events will be placed on the master calendar within 24 hours of receipt. Because of limited space on the website and digital displays, advertisements closer to the actually event will receive higher priority.
Please research the links that pertain to your event.
Permission to put on your event: Contact Patrick Harris
Funding help for your event: Contact Patrick Harris
Advertise your event here
Booking space for your event: Please contact Shannon Powell in Sodexo Conferencing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 447-4407.
- Carroll College Mission Statement
- Social Media Policy
- Film Policy
- Policy on Political Activities at the College
- Carroll Marketing and Use of name and logo's
- Campus Posting Policy
- Policy on External Speakers invited to Carroll
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Religiously Affiliated Groups Policy (will eventually be posted on the linked page)
- Disclaimer Statement
- Acknowledgment of Risk Forms: Contact Patrick Harris
- Creating a Social media site: Contact Jeffery Wald
- Complete the Creative Brief Submission form if you are creating a project (not an event).