Corette Library Hours Policy
This document aims to outline current practices and procedures for setting and advertising hours as well as outlining past practices and trends.
Our hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 7:45am – 10:00pm
Friday: 7:45am – 4:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- We are closed on Saturday and Sunday for the first two weeks of the semester.
- We are closed for Monday and Campus holidays.
Finals Week Hours
When we are fully staffed, finals weekday hours are extended to 7:45am to midnight during finals week.
Hours during Breaks
During breaks, our hours are: Monday - Friday: 7:45am – 4:30pm
Procedures for Setting and Approving Hours
- The Library Director, with input from the Library staff, drafts hours for the semester and breaks.
- The Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs approves the hours.
Procedures for Posting and Announcing Hours
Notify the following individuals or offices of hours and changes to hours:
- Facilities (Dan Byrd) – Facilities will set the card-swipe access
- Security (Jason Grimmis)
- Securitas – It is helpful for them to know our hours
- Students - complete an Event and Advertisement Form Request a TV slide and that the hours be included in campus-wide email announcements and in the Campus Life app in Okta.
- Faculty - via email
Hours and Building Usage
Classes cannot be held in Library classrooms when the Library is closed.
Created: January 2022
Approved: February 2022