Corette Library & Simperman Learning Commons COVID-19 Service Updates
About this page
This page is intended to be a consolidated list of Corette Library & Simperman Learning Commons actions addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and will be updated as needed
For the latest information from the Carroll College, please visit https://www.carroll.edu/safety-emergency/covid19
Everyone is encouraged to wear cloth face masks or face coverings when in the
- Library building access requires a Carroll College ID card for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- While there is NO public access to the Library and Learning Commons at this time, the general public can continue to borrow Corette Library materials by placing interlibrary loans through their local public library.
Student & Faculty Support
The Library and Learning Commons continues its mission to support the information needs of Carroll College students, faculty, and staff.
- Library support (research assistance, instruction, etc.) are available in person (with masks) or virtually.
- For in-person assistance, stop by or make an appointment via our "Ask a Librarian" page.
- For online help, please use our "Ask a Librarian" page.
- Faculty: please see the Faculty Information Guide's "Services" page. We can provide in-person or (live or recorded/pre-prepared) remote instruction among other support.
- Academic Tutoring (in LIBR 226) is available. Appointments can be made in Moodle.
- Support from the Writing Center (LIBR 111) is available online. Appointments can be made in Moodle.
Using Library Materials
- Physical and electronic materials are available as usual.
- For no contact pickup, place holds on books and other materials. You will be notified by e-mail when a hold is available. Search and place holds from the library’s website: https://www.carroll.edu/academics/library.
- The library continues to place and send interlibrary loan requests for physical and electronic items.
- Book drops are available for no-contact return of library materials.
The Front Desk is minimally staffed. Patrons can go to the staff workroom entrance by the elevator and request help from a staff member or student employee (we are happy to do so!) or contact the library for online support.
To enable effective deep cleaning of the facility once a day with current staffing levels and social distancing:
- Furniture and computers in open spaces have been removed and/or rearranged.
- Seating and tables have been removed from classrooms to comply with the college's estimation of the Library's various rooms’ occupancy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hand sanitizer, surface disinfectant bottles, and paper towels are located in or outside of all library classrooms and throughout the library's open spaces on both levels.
Contact us for more information, 406-447-4340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.