The Carroll College Archives and Special Collections are located in the lower level of the Corette Library.
Plan A Visit
- Finding aids for the Archives and Special Collections vary greatly in detail. A limited inventory of the archives is available here.
- Both the Archives and Special Collections are closed stack areas. Materials do not circulate.
- To bring your class to Archives and Special Collections, or to discuss the integration of our resources in your class or course, please contact Corette Library staff.
- The public may visit the Archives and/or Special Collections after registration and scheduling a supervised visit with Corette Library staff during hours the Library Research Help Desk is staffed. At this time, materials cannot leave the Archives or Special Collection rooms.
- If you need help finding something in the archives, please contact Corette Library staff. Outside of alumni requests, staff have limited capacity to do research for the public with archival materials.
The College also has an institutional repository, Carroll Scholars, that is a digital collection of the intellectual and creative products of a college or university. Some material in the archives, such as theses, are digitized and accessible to the public in Carroll Scholars can be found at https://scholars.carroll.edu.
About Carroll Archives
Archival holdings are limited to materials related to Carroll College and include records of the college, manuscript collections of persons with ties to the college, photographs, slides, negatives, audio and video recordings, and blueprints. Also included in the Archives are College publications and a small number of artifacts.
Photographic images in the Archives date from 1907 to 1995, and include prints, negatives, transparencies, and videos. Contact the Library for information about reproduction, publication, and use fees and requirements.
Carroll College Newspaper
Carroll College's Student Newspaper, The Prospector, is available online from 1916 - 2015.
The Mount Saint Charles College Scholastic is available online from 1912-1916.
Carroll College Yearbook
Carroll College's Yearbook, The Hilltopper, is available online from 1930 - 1997.
Corette Library has a small special collection consisting primarily of Latin religious text dating from 1700 - early 1900s.
Inventory of the collection is ongoing as time allows.