Application and Cost Information
- Completed Application Form (no fee to apply)
- non-degree exchange students, please complete the exchange student application
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counsellor-recommended, but not required
- Financial Documentation for F1 and J1 students only
- English language proficiency: TOEFL (550/213/80 with a 20 in each band), IELTS of 6.5, EIKEN of Grade 1 or successful completion of ELS Level 112, or Columbia West College Level VI, New England School of English Level 10 or successful completion of Selnate International School's ESL program.
- Optional (except for student athletes): official SAT / ACT score reports (for students who would like to be considered for Carroll merit scholarships and who do not have to submit proof of English language proficiency). Carroll's school code is 4041 for the SAT and TOEFL and 2408 for the ACT.
- Official Transcripts of all secondary school work for new freshmen or all previous colleges/universities attended for transfer students.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 (4.0 scale)
Advanced standing for the IB and AP: International Baccalaureate (IB) and Advanced Placement (AP) Policy.
Priority deadline for scholarship consideration is 1 March for entrance in August and 15 October for entrance in January. Rolling deadline until 1 June.
Costs for Two Semesters 2018-19
- Tuition: $34,506 ($17,253 semester)
- Room and Board: $9,980 (double room, full meal plan) ($4,990 semester)
- Required Fees: $980 ($490/semester)
Total direct costs: $45,466 ($22,733 semester)
Other costs (estimated)
- Books and Supplies: $1,250
- Personal expenses including transportation and required medical insurance: $3,200 (students cannot enroll in classes until proof of insurance has been submitted).
TOTAL TO OBTAIN A FORM I-20/DS-2019 = $49,988
$750 enrollment deposit deadline: Refundable with written notification until 30 April and non-refundable after 1 May. This deposit is credited to your first semester's tuition.
Our Intensive English Language Partners
- Columbia West College, Los Angeles, California
- ELS Language Centers
- The New England School of English, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Selnate International School, Provo, Utah
Early Action I: 1 November (non-binding; decision by 1 December for complete applications)
Regular Decision: 15 February (First year) 15 April (Transfer)
Late Consideration: 1 June (First year) 15 July (Transfer)
Regular Decision: 1 November (First year and Transfer)
Late Consideration: 1 December (First year and Transfer)
Carroll is pleased to welcome ISEP students and students from our partner institutions around the world. To apply, please work with your exchange student coordinator and then complete the exchange student application.
For more information about Carroll, please see the exchange student information or contact Michelle at email@example.com.
English Language Preparation
We are pleased to be partner with the following English language partners. Students who meet Carroll's admission requirements and attend one of our language partners and pass the required level do not have to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores! Please inquire with our partner school or Carroll to learn more about conditional admission based on English language proficiency.