St. Matthew and St. Catherine of Siena the Great Campus Apartments
Opens image in a pop up windowIn 2014, we opened St. Matthew and St. Catherine of Siena, a year-round, independent living campus apartments for upperclass students. In 2017, two more apartment buildings, St. John Vianney and St. Alfred the Great were completed thanks to a very generous donor.
The apartments have a 12-month lease, starting in mid-May, which allows students to live in the apartments during the summer (flexible lease options available to graduating seniors). The apartments are unfurnished to keep the cost as affordable as possible, while rent is billed monthly. Wireless internet, electricity, garbage, sewer, water and recycling are all included in the rent.
Opens image in a pop up windowAll of the apartments are single gender in keeping with the mission of the college. The exception would be married students or students with dependent children. Apartments are also available to faculty, staff and recent alumni.
The layout of the apartment includes spacious private bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a vanity area with a sink, and an unheated exterior storage closet (5’ x 6”) to store items such as bikes, snowboards, skis . The kitchen includes a refrigerator, stove (burners and oven) and a dishwasher—all with stainless steel finish. Students can decide if they want to pay Charter Communications separately for the addition of cable television or phone service. Each building has its own laundry; there is also one mailbox per unit (for additional mail information, please see our Mail Services page).
Opens image in a pop up windowThere are two Student Building Managers who help manage facilities issues and communicate with tenants who live in the complex. Emergency response will be managed through the current Residential Life & Housing Senior Staff On Call, Securitas and/or Helena Police.
- 12-Month lease - Apartments are available the Wednesday following Commencement in May through the following May until the Sunday following Commencement
- Able to sublet apartment to other Carroll students if not here for summer
- Twenty-four 3-bedroom and twelve 2-bedroom unfurnished apartments
- All utilities, (wireless internet, electricity, water, sewer, garbage and recycling) included in rent
- Monthly billing of rent by the college
- Rent - $455 per person for 3-bedroom apt; $505 per person for 2-bedroom apt
- Opens image in a pop up windowCable TV package can be ordered; billing directly from Charter Communications
- Stainless steel appliances--fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher--in each apartments
- Exterior-accessed storage closet (bikes, skis, snowboards) for each apartment
- Mailboxes conveniently located near the apartments; UPS and FedEX deliver directly to your door
- Conveniently located close to campus and Centennial Park
Upperclass students have a few choices for on campus housing: Trinity Hall or our Apartments. See a comparision for each.