Helena College Student Housing

Housing Options for Helena College Students

Carroll College and Helena College have partnered together to help Helena College students experience a college campus environment with students their own age! Recognizing that Helena College does not offer campus housing, this opportunity provides Helena College students:

  • A residential hall or campus apartment living experience
  • A support network of community and spiritual advisors
  • The safety and security of a campus environment
  • The opportunity to join student clubs and organizations
  • Access to all Carroll athletic and social events
  • Access to technology, such as wireless, computer labs, and IT support
  • Access to the Hunthausen Activity Center (workout space, equipment and classes)
  • Access to the Corette library and study spaces

Housing and meal options and costs are listed below in the Frequently Asked Questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Helena College students interested in student housing at Carroll College should contact:

Emily Busby
Director of Residential Life & Housing
131 Borromeo Hall, Carroll College
1601 North Benton Avenue, Helena, MT 59625
(406) 447-4532

Helena College students can go to www.carroll.edu/documents/housing/helenacollege to complete:

  • Housing Agreement
  • Meal Plan
  • Selection Information
  • Disclosure Statement
  • Emergency Contact Information
  • Immunization Record
  • Payment of Security Deposit

Helena College students who are 18-20 years old are eligible to be housed with second-year and above students in Borromeo Hall or St. Charles Hall. Double-occupancy rooms are available. Each residence hall has free laundry (washers and dryers) for residents. Floors are staffed with a Resident Advisor and a Peer Minister. An Area Coordinator of Residential Life & Housing supervises student staff.

Helena College students who are 21 years or older are eligible to be housed with juniors and seniors in the campus apartments: St. Alfred the Great Apartments or St. John Vianney Apartments (Full 2019-20). Two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments are available. Each campus apartment building has free laundry (washers and dryers) for residents. Campus apartment buildings are staffed with a Student Building Manager.

Borromeo HallSemesterAnnual
Single Room$2,935$5,870
Double Room$2,556$5,112
St. Charles HallSemesterAnnual
Single Room$2,935$5,870
Double Room$2,556$5,112
Campus ApartmentsMonthly RentMonthly Utilities
Two Bedroom$505included in rent
Three Bedroom$455included in rent
Helena College students will have a choice of three meal plans. Students should select the meal plan that is best for them. Choices include:
All AccessUnlimited$175$2,575$5,110

Helena College students will pay an annual fee of $400 ($200 per semester) for a student ID card which will grant access to:

  • Athletic Events – Football, Men’s Soccer and Women’s Soccer in Nelson Stadium. Women’s Volleyball, Men’s Basketball and Women’s Basketball in the PE Center. Excludes post-season play.
  • Campus Events—On-Campus and Non-Insurance Off-Campus Events. Events sponsored by Student Activities, Program Board, Student Government, Student Clubs and Organizations, Academic Departments, and Campus Ministry.
  • Corette Library—Study areas, computer lab, sandbox classroom, and Sage auditorium.
  • Hunthausen Activity Center—Use of gymnasium, cardiovascular equipment, weights and climbing tower.
To pay online, students are able to access their accounts in Saints Student Account Center (SSAC) through Carroll Okta Apps, indicate the term for payment, amount to pay, and method of payment. SSAC Frequently Asked Questions are also available. Payment may also be made by cash or check in the Business Office in O’Connell Hall. Check payments can be mailed to: Carroll College, Attn: Business Office, 1601 N. Benton Avenue, Helena, MT 59625. For questions on how to pay your bill, contact the Carroll College Business Office at (406) 447-5419 or email buor@carroll.edu.
Helena College students are able to move into housing on the Saturday before the start of the semester for the Helena College academic year. Students will be able to stay in residence halls until noon on the day after their last final exam each semester.
The residence halls do not close for any mid-semester break such as Fall break, Thanksgiving break, Easter break or Spring break. Student housing does close between semesters unless approved for Extended Break Stay. Extended Break Stay has a daily room rate.
Helena College students parking on campus will be required to sign up for a parking permit. HCOT students must purchase the permit at the cost of $100.
Helena College students receive an account with access to Wi-Fi, door access, and sign on for online payment. Printing and copying capabilities will be available in the library via purchased print access card.

Helena College students should submit their disability accommodations requests regarding housing and meal plans to:

Garrett Thompson
Area Coordinator of Residential Life & Housing
131 Borromeo Hall, Carroll College
1601 North Benton Avenue, Helena, MT 59625
(406) 447-4424

Requests and documentation for emotional support animals should also be submitted to Garrett Thompson for review and approval.

Helena College students with Title IX issues involving Carroll College students or employees should contact:

Renee McMahon
Title IX Coordinator
214 O’Connell Hall, Carroll College
1601 North Benton Avenue, Helena, MT 59625
(406) 447-5501

Helena College students living in campus housing at Carroll College must complete a health form and provide a validated immunization record to the Wellness Center (located in the lower level of Guadalupe Hall). All students born after 1957 must provide proof of having had two MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) vaccines, one meningitis (Menactra/Menveo) vaccine within the last five years, a Tdap or Td booster within 10 years, the polio series, and a PPD TB (tuberculosis) test within one year of living at Carroll. Students must provide proof of having had the disease or a titre to prove immunity is required. In addition, students are encouraged to have these immunizations: Hepatitis B vaccine (series of three), flu vaccine, pneumococcal vaccine, and chicken pox. Students in need of vaccines can contact the Wellness Center at (406) 447-5441 to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine. Payment—check or cash--needs to be made at the time of vaccinations.
To be eligible for housing and meals at Carroll College, Helena College students are expected to be enrolled in 12 or more credits. Exceptions for students with less than 12 credits can be approved by the Associate Director of Residential Life & Housing for academic, financial, medical or family circumstances. In addition to the housing and meal contracts, students must sign an information disclosure statement to facilitate communication between Helena College and Carroll College.