As a faculty or staff member, what do I do if I feel ill?
Faculty and Staff – if you feel ill:
If you feel ill or have been, please follow the guidance below:
- During regular business hours call the Carroll College Wellness Center 9 am-12 pm and 1 pm-4 pm Monday through Friday (do not go to the center before calling first) or call your local healthcare provider.
- Carroll College Wellness Center: 406-447-5441
- The Wellness Center Staff will ask you a series of COVID-related questions about symptoms you may be experiencing such as:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever – 100.4° and above
- Runny nose or new sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- After hours, call the St. Peter’s Urgent Care hotline at: 406-457-4180
- After assessing your symptoms, the Wellness Center may order a COVID-19 test.
If you are tested, until test results are obtained:
- Stay home until instructed otherwise by Lewis & Clark Public Health or a healthcare professional.
- Do not go to work, school or public areas.
- Notify your supervisors that you are sick or suspect you may be sick and will not attend class/work/practice.
- Ask friends or family members to do your shopping or use a grocery delivery service.
- Isolate yourself from people and animals in your home – stay in a specific room away from other people and use a separate bathroom if available. Limit contact with pets and other animals. If possible, have a member of your household care for them. If you must care for an animal, wear a face covering and wash your hands before and after you interact with them.
After test results are obtained:
- An interviewer from public health will contact you if you (re)test positive for COVID-19, usually by phone.
- If you have a confirmed case of COVID-19, the interviewer will help you understand what to do next and what support is available.
- Lewis & Clark Public Health will let you know how long you should isolate yourself if you tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you have a confirmed case of COVID-19, complete and submit the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
If you are not tested: You can return to campus 48 hours after experiencing your last symptom, including having no fever without fever reducer.