Freshman Move-in Schedule
Freshman Move-In will occur Sunday, August 21 between 8 a.m. to noon at Guadalupe Hall. (Many of you will arrive all at once.) In order for you to have a great move-in experience, we ask that everyone follow the move-in instructions below.
When you pull up to the orientation tent, you will receive 1) an orientation schedule, 2) an orientation and housing packet, and 3) instructions on parking and move-in.
Note: Many people arrive between 8-9 a.m. If you can wait to arrive between 9 a.m. and noon, you will experience less traffic.
- Pull into the Guadalupe Parking Lot, which is located off Benton Ave. There will be signs and volunteers directing you to this parking lot.
- Drive all the way to the check-in tent, where you will receive your information packet for move-in and orientation. You will then be directed to a parking spot that will allow you to be as close as possible to your room, making move-in more convenient for you. (You are welcome to decline the help you are offered.)
- There will be a team of upperclassman volunteers waiting to help carry all your items to your room. This is a special tradition at Carroll, and we ask that you return the favor when you are an upperclassman. They will welcome you to Carroll and be there to help you.
- IMPORTANT - As soon as your items have been moved from your car to your room, we ask that you immediately move your car to the HAC / PE Center parking lot. This allows those who are showing up after you to have a parking spot and enjoy the same quick move-in. Move-in does not work if people do not move their cars.
- Walk back to Guadalupe Hall where you will find your RA and fill out your room condition form.
- Visit the Wellness Center on the lower floor of Guadalupe Hall. Here you will confirm your required health and immunization records.
- If you did not receive your ID when you arrived, head to Borromeo Hall to create your student ID card. Your ID card will serve as your electronic key to your building and room. (See building 24 on the campus map that you will have received at move-in.
- Free Time. You will then have time to look over the "to-do" list that was given to you and accomplish any needed items.
- The orientation schedule begins at 12:30 p.m. with the Welcome Ceremony.
Your resident assistant (RA) lives on your floor and will be there to answer any questions you might have on and after move-in day. We are overjoyed you have chosen to be a part of our Carroll College community. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please don’t hesitate to ask us. We are happy to assist you in this process and are committed to making your move-in day experience one to remember.