Theatre Auditions: Twelfth Night
Auditions for Carroll College Production of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, directed by Julia Harris are December 5 from 6:00-10:00 pm in the Campus Center FLEX Theatre. Please read these details carefully and consider all your obligations prior to the audition. Conflicts can be listed at the time of the audition (except for tech week). Please be cognizant of the commitment to a production.
Monday, December 5, 2022, 6:00-10:00 pm. Arrive a few minutes early to fill out paperwork; Audition will begin on the hour!
Carroll College Flex Theatre
What to bring/prepare
Anyone seeking a Lead Role, should prepare a Shakespeare Monologue. 16 lines, not a full soliloquy. Since Twelfth Night is a comedy, a Comedic monologue is suggested, but not required. Prepared means memorized. (Please use your instructor resources if you need help
preparing!) Everyone should be prepared for cold readings of scenes. Please bring a water bottle. Wear clothing you can move in, including well fitting, closed-toe shoes. Bring your courage, physicality and curiosity. Be prepared to make big choices. Who can audition: Anyone. Students must be in good academic standing.
Seeking approximately 15 roles; some actors may be assigned multiple roles.
- VIOLA, a lady of Messaline shipwrecked on the coast of Illyria (later disguised as CESARIO)
- OLIVIA, an Illyrian countess
- ARIA, her waiting-gentlewoman
- SIR TOBY BELCH, Olivia’s kinsman
- SIR ANDREW AGUECHEEK, Sir Toby’s companion
- MALVOLIO, steward in Olivia’s household
- FOOL, Olivia’s jester, named Feste
- FABIAN, a gentleman in Olivia’s household
- ORSINO, duke (or count) of Illyria
- Gentlemen serving Orsino:
- SEBASTIAN, Viola’s brother
- ANTONIO, friend to Sebastian
- Two OFFICERS
- Lords, Sailors, Musicians, and other Attendants
Please read the details carefully and make sure you have the availability to audition.
- Rehearsals will be held M-F, 6:30-9:30pm. Possibly longer during tech week.
- I would like to begin Monday January 16th to allow for a full week of rehearsal. Please plan for this or indicate on the audition form if this will be an issue, as classes do not begin until Wednesday January 18th. (Julia is already checking with Res Life)
- Memorization over the break will be required.
- Possible weekend for any involved in fight scenes, weekend of February 4th or 11th. (this will be determined by the audition date).
- No conflicts during Tech Week.
- Production Dates are March 2-5th and 9-11th.
Julia Harris -- firstname.lastname@example.org