Red Cross Blood Drive
Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Go to: redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: gosaints.
Reasons to participate in this drive:
- Critical Need: O Negative, B Negative and Platelet Donors due to a current blood and platelet shortage.
- January is National Blood Donor Month, the perfect time to resolve to give more life by being a blood donor.
- Winter weather and illness can make it difficult for the American Red Cross to maintain a sufficient blood supply at this time of year. Healthy, eligible donors are urged to give now.
- The Red Cross must collect nearly 14,000 blood donations every day for patients in need.
- Type O negative is the universal blood type and what emergency personnel reach for in trauma situations when there isn’t time to determine a patient’s blood type. This blood type is also often used for babies who need transfusions.
- Type O positive is the most common blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type. This blood type is also often used for babies who need transfusions.
- Types A negative and B negative can be transfused to Rh-positive or negative patients.
Lower Campus Center