Red Cross Blood Drive
Happy 2018 and National Blood Donor month. We’d love to see you at the Saints Paying It Forward Blood Drive on January 24th and 25th. The drive is accepting appointments now.
Go to: redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: gosaints.
Reasons to participate in this drive:
- Critical Need: O Negative, B Negative and Platelet Donors due to a current blood and platelet shortage.
- January is National Blood Donor Month, the perfect time to resolve to give more life by being a blood donor.
- Winter weather and illness can make it difficult for the American Red Cross to maintain a sufficient blood supply at this time of year. Healthy, eligible donors are urged to give now.
- The Red Cross must collect nearly 14,000 blood donations every day for patients in need.
- Type O negative is the universal blood type and what emergency personnel reach for in trauma situations when there isn’t time to determine a patient’s blood type. This blood type is also often used for babies who need transfusions.
- Type O positive is the most common blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type. This blood type is also often used for babies who need transfusions.
- Types A negative and B negative can be transfused to Rh-positive or negative patients.d