Montana ShakeOut Earthquake Drill
Carroll College is participating in the 2021 The Great Montana Shakeout: Annual Statewide Earthquake Drill on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 10:21 am.
The Great Montana ShakeOut is part of a global effort to Earthquake ShakeOut drills supported by federal, state, and local emergency management personnel to educate people on how to protect themselves in case of an earthquake.
Before this upcoming drill, please make sure your contact information for Regroup is correct. To do this, please verify your contact information by using Carroll Apps. Click on the Emergency Notification icon.
- Faculty and Staff: please announce in your classes, meetings, or offices at 10:21 am on Thursday, October 21, 2021, the three steps recommended in case of an earthquake.
- DROP! Drop to the ground before the earthquake drops you to the ground.
- COVER! Seek cover under a sturdy desk or table.
- HOLD ON! Hold on to your position until the earthquake tremors have stopped. Be aware of Aftershock tremors!
- A notice will be sent through the Emergency Notification System (Regroup) to all Carroll students and employees at 10:21 am, on Thursday, October 21, 2021.
- The notice will advise the campus of the "earthquake drill" and procedures to follow in case of an earthquake.
- The Emergency Preparedness Staff have asked that all participants remain in position (Drop, Cover, and Hold on) on the floor or ground for one minute.
- A subsequent message will be sent out to the campus advising students and employees that the drill is over.
Carroll College's participation in this global-wide drill will afford us the opportunity to test our Emergency Messaging System as well. Please contact the IT Department if you don't receive the emergency message via your cell phone or email so we can help you update your information in the Regroup System.
To learn more about emergency preparedness in the event of an earthquake, go to https://www.shakeout.org/
Thank you in advance for your participation!